THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 26 December 2010

Christmas picspam

 
Me, all ready for the Annual Viewing of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
I know, I know... vanity is a sin ;-)

Yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm doing here. Too much mulled wine, methinks...

Christmas day... yep, that's my Christmas present. <3

Me today... just chillin'...
The Edward Scissorhands tee was a present from my homegirl Bronwyn. The Alchemy Gothic bracelet that you can just about see was from my Nan.
Here's the before and after pics of the dress... the before pic was taken in 2008, and you can see just how much it really doesn't suit me. First time I have ever REMOVED lace from a garment.
Hope everyone had themselves a merry little Christmas - normal Goth Guide service will be resumed at roughly the same time as I polish off the last of the Christmas booze. Ah, Christmas... wine, chocolate, and jewellery - what more could a girl want? My gifts included perfume (packaged in a nifty pink-and-black striped box, yay!), many books (Melissa Marr, Neil Gaiman, Konstantinos, Charlaine Harris and M.Alice LeGrow to name but a few), Gypsy 83 on DVD, NCIS season 6, gorgeous black pajamas with a white lace bow and puffed sleeves, red wine, chocolates, CDs (two Cruxshadows singles and a Killswitch Engage album), a sparkly spider ring, an Anne Stokes calendar and many other lovely things. =D

How was your Christmas?

7 comments:

x-akurei said...

Quite spooktacular.
My friend & I decided to watch Nightmare on Christmas Eve, without knowing that it was the "annual day".
I am super jealous of your Edward top though! Did you watch it on Christmas day?
Oh, I also got a red Classic-Lolita-style dress that I asked for as a present. It is lovely except it has bright gold lace trimming around the collar, when it looked cream on the website. Any tips for taking it off and replacing it?

Have a lovely new year!

Anonymous said...

Nothing can look more stupid than ponytails like on that 4th picture on a grown ups hair. They look good on little blond girls but not adults or even teenagers.. Sorry. :( Looks a bit retard. But otherwise you're pretty. :)

ultimategothguide said...

@ x-akurei - I did watch it actually =D
I think the top is from eBay and *ahem* my lovely friend may have left the American price tag on so I can tell you it was $29.99, which means nothing to me whatsoever...
I just trimmed the lace off my dress with scissors. It should be easy enough to sew some on with little stitches,

@ Anonymous - thank you for your opinion on my hair... :-/ I will admit it's not the best PICTURE, but frankly I liked the hairstyle and have seen a hundred and one pics of girls my age and older who look awesome in pigtails (e.g. Adora BatBrat in her latest blog post)... However chances are I won't be wearing my hair like that past the age of 20, as it looks a lot better on other people than on me! XP
Otherwise, thanks =D

MissGracie said...

I love how you modified the dress, it looks great on you :) As do the pigtails.

ultimategothguide said...

@ MissGracie - Thanks so much! =D I used all the excess lace and ribbon to give my shabby old Victorian top hat a makeover - two birds, one stone. And I like pigtails, they're fun =)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally in love with pigtails. Especially if you tease them until they're super huge.

Anonymous said...

love that edward tee, i wish i had one myself - but i can't wear much wite things if i shall eat, and i have to eat to survive... :( :( well, i'll be looking for one in som other color. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...