THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 12 December 2010

I got a tattoo!

Hello readers, this is a bit of a rush post I'm afraid, as one of my online friends and very favourite readers is due to be leaving the internets soon and I am hoping to dash this off before they go - although I may already be too late?! At least you all know I'm still alive - two whole days without a post? Shocking, isn't it?

Where have I been? Getting my first tattoo, actually. No, it didn't take two days, but I was so nervous/excited I couldn't post!

The pain level? Not too bad to begin with, although since I am obviously daft as a brush I had it done on the boniest part of my arm, so after a while it did get very, very painful. At first it felt like the tattooist (Steph) was poking a needle lightly into my arm, wiggling it a bit, then moving it away before it started to hurt. After a while, as she moved onto the really bony parts and my arm started to get sore, it was really painful, like a burning/cutting sensation.

Then again, I am a great big wuss...

Am I happy with it? I'm totally in love with it. It's exactly what I wanted - it was a custom design, I took a selection of pictures that I liked bits from and asked Steph to combine them in the way that I wanted, and it was as though she could see into my head, as she got it spot-on perfect the very first time! So I can heartily recommend Poison Ink in Basingstoke to UK readers, they have five different tattooists and were recommended to me by my tattooed hottie of a best mate, Bronwyn. I'm so glad I took her advice!

Aftercare isn't too hard, I have to apply cream to it if it starts to feel dry, itchy or sore (about every two hours) and try not to let it rub against my clothing or get wet. (Strappy tops in December, joy of joys...).

Dan, who came with me, was absolutely wonderful - when I was finished getting inked, which took two hours from start to finish, including drawing up the design, he took me shopping and then out to dinner at a really expensive tapas restaurant. How many guys would think of turning a tattoo appointment into a wonderful date? I'm lucky *smile*.

Hastily-taken photo!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay! Commenting finally worked for me! I love the tatoo--that has got to be the most adorable bat I have ever seen (it's very cuddly looking). Sooo pretty!

Julietslace said...

I love how it sorta look like a traditional drawing, I love bats too. I just love it :)

ultimategothguide said...

Aw, thanks guys! <3

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your tattoo! It's a bat, it's cute, what more can be asked for? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...