THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 13 January 2011

MoonStoneHenge review

Do I get extra Goth points for knowing the most awesome people? (C'mon... I use CLOVE FLAVOURED MOUTHWASH for goodness' sake - what does it take to get my Goth card stamped around here?)

Anyhoo. There is a point to this post, and the point is that my ma and I have bought some beautiful things from MoonStoneHenge, and since the lovely and all-round fabulous Roma, artist, medium and creatress of all things decorative and spiritual at MoonStoneHenge is actually a family friend and former colleague of my mother, I thought it was definitely time for a review.

My mum was innocently trying to buy one of Roma's handcrafted Meditation Headbands when I started leaning over her shoulder, which led to me egging her on to buy one of Roma's artworks, Silverbirch Moon. We are usually more likely to buy pre-framed prints or simply posters than pieces of original art, but it's such a wonderful painting that it was worth every penny. I would love to post a picture to show you, but I don't want random internet people ripping Roma's art off my blog, so I'll give you a link instead.


The items we ordered arrived within two or three days, well-packaged and in perfect condition. The headband is kept safe in a pretty purple gauze bag, and whilst I'm probably the least hippie-ish person you will ever meet (I leave the spiritual stuff to my mother, she does enough ommmm-ing for the both of us), I swear I can feel something akin to positive energy radiating from the quartz crystal in the centre.
Source: MoonStoneHenge
The headband itself is exquisitely woven, and the attention to detail is painstaking - there are even little swirly, spiralling sections at the sides. The 'chakra-balancing crystal chip beads' (garnet, carnelian, citrine, malachite, turquoise, lapis lazuli and amethyst) and large quartz are attached well and do not slide about or wobble. As you may have guessed, the crystal chips correspond to the body's chakras, or energy centres.

I have just tied the headband on - the quartz sits in the centre of my forehead, between my brows, and feels cool against my skin. For some reason I am now breaking into a smile. You're probably laughing at me now, but I LIKE wearing this thing, it feels nice and having it sitting on my head makes me feel happy. On the other hand, it is very pretty - I wonder if Roma (and Mum...) would think I was terribly unspiritual if I bought one of these to wrap around my wrist as a bracelet to go with the 'rainbow Goth' ensemble I'm idly working on?

The artwork, Silverbirch Moon, is stunning - whilst I could list the symbolism relating to silver birch trees, still water and a full moon, I would rather tell you what the piece 'says' to me. The scene has an ethereal, magical quality. There is a sense of serenity about it; it exudes calmness and peace. Speaking more practically, whilst it is a nighttime picture, the colours are rich and vibrant, and the tree bark in particular is very detailed and realistic. For a lot of Goths (and many other people, come to that) there is probably nothing more beautiful and relaxing to look at than a full moon hanging low over a mystical glade, a still lake resting beneath a sky filled with stars.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Sigh. That picture sounds absolutely lovely, and so does the headband. I had a gemstone chip necklace once (or was it twice? they break so easily, and I love them) also corresponding to the chakras. I don't consider myself to be the most spirtual person, either, but I have a thing for ancient cultures and esoteric (is that the word I want? nevermind...) knowledge.

Laurel said...

Now I'm going to go look up chakra themed goodies!

Angel of Darkness said...

That painting is beautiful! and so is the headband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...