THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, 10 January 2011

Pretty Goth boy...

OK, so this is a seriously overplayed song and I don't particularly want to get into the lazy habit of posting music videos... but I just knew I couldn't mention this video in my previous post without having to share it with you. That, and I'm putting off having to go and do some paperwork.

Here, for your delight and delectation, is The Damned performing Eloise on Top of the Pops. There has been much debate in the alternative scenes about whether The Damned are Goth or punk - well, if this video doesn't clear up that debate, nothing will. Even in those high-waisted trousers and with his highly questionable dance moves, Dave Vanian is clearly too pretty to be punk.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Laurence 'The Beard' Williams said...

Good song this. Nothing like a bit of early gothic punk to start my day

Wasn't this the same outfit who did the song 'Video Nasty' in Series 2 of the Young Ones? Absolutely hilarious episode that

Angela said...

Hello! You don't really know me, but I recently found both your website and your blog and fell in love with both. ^_^ I gave you a blog reward on my blog!

My name's Angie, I'm 21 and I live in Utah with my wife Jen. We're both quite involved with the gothic style, other favorite type of goth fashion to be romantigoth, gothic lolita, fetish goth and vampire goth - though to be honest we're more involved in the Vampyre lifestyle instead of just the fashion.

Steam punk, punk and cyber goth are still various fashion's I am eager to try.

Anyway, just saying hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...