THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 20 January 2011

Three more awards!

Yay, I can has blogging awards! Three of them, to be precise. I am going to try and fit them all into one ridiculously long post - wish me luck.

These first two I snagged from Stephanie at The Odd Duck, a lovely and very honest blogger whom I have just discovered. Also, she wore leather pants. In school. Which boosts her instantly to the top of my 'badass awesome' list, or would, if I had such a list. Thank you, Stephanie!

Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Pass it along to EVERYONE. If you're reading this right now, lovely followers, you may snag this award. Because I love you. A lot. I would love to hug you. =]

So there you have it; a pretty award for everyone! With cupcakes!
Rules:
 1. Answer the following 10 questions
2. Pass it on to three bloggers

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously so that you could be anonymous now?
Well, I'm clearly not anonymous... I do have some anonymous, more personal blogs floating around the net, but I rarely update them and frankly don't enjoy it. It's easier to interact with followers and readers as myself, plus I do kind of like talking about myself, which I couldn't do as openly, perhaps, if I was an anonymous poster.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
INNER stubborn side?! As Dan will tell you, I can be stubborn to the point of idiocy. Both of the two physical fights I have been in could have been avoided if I had chosen to walk away... in particular the second one, where I actually was walking away - then turned back because I couldn't stand to let that bitch have the last word. Oh yes, and I lost the fight, and then nearly had clumps of my hair pulled out because I refused to 'apologise'. Clearly, I am not a good role model...

3. What do you really see when you look at yourself in the mirror?
Depends which day you catch me on, really. Most of the time I am happy and comfortable with my body, at least (although I don't like my face much without make-up; I have been known to describe myself as 'the bastard lovechild of Michael Jackson and E.T.'), and I adore my tattoo; but throughout my teens I have struggled with eating disordered behaviours (though not a full-blown eating disorder, I hasten to add) which sometimes makes me very uncomfortable with my body despite being a healthy size ten (U.S. size six).

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
Apple Lucozade. I love apple-flavoured things =)

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Read, watch a movie, blog, do my nails or experiment with make-up (I broke a nail yesterday, which I am not happy about as I am trying to grow two-inch talons...), flick through my copies of Unscene, Gothic Beauty and Bite Me or go shopping.

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life?
Oh, God, so many things! I want to gain some make-up, hair and beauty qualifications and set up with my friend Bronwyn as mobile beauticians, learn how to make my own clothes, travel abroad (to date, I have NEVER left the UK), get married (shut up), write some more trashy novels... the list is almost endless!

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I guess to begin with I was a shy over-achiever with a really wacky dress sense (electric blue leather jacket, for example) which didn't exactly go down well with my peers. I ditched almost the entire year between ages twelve and thirteen because of bullying, so eventually Mum pulled me out of the system and I home-schooled myself with Open University courses.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
Well, I had a bit of a moment this morning when I realised that, aside from my current lack of a job (I have applied for loads but haven't heard back from any), my life is perfect. OK, it's not how it was supposed to be (I was supposed to go to college, then university, and become a famous writer), but I have two amazing and beautiful best friends whom I love very much; an almost-boyfriend (my ex, we were together for six years, have been separated for four months and are now dating - things are looking really good for us) whom I'm falling head-over-heels in love with all over again; two brilliant parents who I get on really well with, and I'm finally taking steps towards the career that I really want. And I still love writing, but it isn't going to make me any money - and that's OK. That felt pretty poignant to me.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
Well, as you may have noticed, I do like to talk about myself, and I'm not one to lie or censor my thoughts. That being said, I do enjoy writing more 'factual' posts about Goth culture in general as well as just talking about my own experiences.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read a book, definitely. I hate, hate, hate making or taking phonecalls. I don't know why. It just terrifies me. My new phone doesn't have voicemail, so I actually have to pick up my calls, which irritates me no end...

I would like to pass this award on to:
1. Laurel at Blind Goth
2. Miss Gracie at  A Goth in College
3. The Beard at Uncivilised Ramblings

Lastly, I picked up this award from Morrigan, who thoroughly deserves a 'Stylish' award for her great beauty blog. Thank you, Morrigan!
Rules:
1. Thank and link the person who gave you the award.
2. Jot down 7 random facts about you.
3. Give the award to 15 other bloggers and let them know about it.

1. This made my day. 
2. I had my first Mountain Dew this week (Mountain Dew and Gatorade have only recently become available in the UK).
3. Currently I am coveting a Draculaura doll, a pair of pink and white Skullcandy headphones, a bottle of Hapsburg Absinthe, a skirt from Folks Clothing, No She Didn't Lipstick from Lime Crime Make-up, and a Halloween Candle Pack from Dark Candles.
4. I bought some shoes from Etsy last week. They have vampires on. I am going nuts waiting for them to arrive.
5. The last CD I listened to was from Hatebreed.
6. The last movie I watched was Inception.
7. I have a pot of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream in the freezer that Dan bought me last night. Chances are, I will eat the whole pot by myself.

So these are the bloggers whom I feel are the most stylish (because, obviously, I'm an expert... d'oh); and those who write the best fashion, beauty and make-up posts - please don't feel you must re-post this award if I have given it to you, just take it as a compliment. =)

In no particular order:
1. The Green Fairy at If I Only Were a Goth
2. Miss Gracie at  A Goth in College
5. Khar at Darker Fashions
6. Amy at Juliet's Lace
8. Gabriella at Ella Etc.
9. Verbenna Nachtschatten at Everyday Goth With Verbenna
10. Opiate Vampire at  The Dark Victorian
11. Mysteria Violent at Mysteria Violent
12. xEllonEx at Pretty Lies
13. Trystan at This Is CorpGoth
14. Laurel at Blind Goth
15. Lady Euphoria Deathwatch at Thoughts from an eclectic goth mind. 

9 comments:

Morrigan said...

Great read, and thank you very much for the link! :)

Laurel said...

Congratulation on your first Mountain Dew! When I was in high school, it was THE drink of choice for kids in the marching band--and now, you're making me want to buy some! As if I'm not already too perky this morning--and I'm drinking orange soda, which I don't think has caffeine in it!

Stephanie said...

I'm pretty sure my mom trashed those pants, haha! She wasn't sure about how I dressed. Oh well.
If you ever travel abroad, make sure you stop by me here in the US, okay?? I'm dying to go to Australia to a point when I'm going to cry if I don't get to soon.
You've never had mountain dew?? Holy crap! I got through high school on that. It's my favorite.
Congrats on all three of your awards! I'm going to end up clicking on every blogger you passed it to. All of the names are amazing, and gotta be good content. =]

MissGracie said...

Ben and Jerry's sounds SO GOOD RIGHT NOW.

ultimategothguide said...

@ Miss Gracie - I second that. To the freezer!

@ Stephanie - Heheh, revenge of momzilla?
I will =D hmm, Australia scares me a little - sunshine, snakes and spiders? Not for the faint-hearted...
I liked my Mountain Dew, if that lessens the shock a little.
And thanks very much!

@ Laurel - Thank you! ^^

@ Morrigan - You're welcome, thank YOU ^^

Unlacing the Victorians said...

I am so glad I made your day. You write very well, so you totally deserve the recognition. :)

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Amy,

Thank you for adding my name to your list of Awards.

I have checked out all the other blogs on the list and feel really good to be in their company.

I have taken the challenge and have added the meme to my blog.

Thanks again.

Hugs, Euphoria

Laurence 'The Beard' Williams said...

My apologies for leaving this so late. Alas the role of moving house and forking out for rent and food has been somewhat pre-occupying of late XD. But now Daddy's home, and he's doing this quiz now dammit.

Mysteria_Violent said...

Oh, I'm so pleased)) thank you!=*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...