THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Versatile Blogger award!

Yay! I've been awarded this pretty square by Angela at Lariats and Lavender:

Thanks Angela! =D This is my first blog award, so I'm feeling quite smug...
Rules:
  • Thank & Link back to the person who gave you the award
  • Answer 10 questions
  • Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
  • Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
Questions:

Why did you create this blog?
When I was new to Goth culture, I wanted to learn anything and everything I could about it. But I had to plough through hundreds of web pages, spam-laden chatrooms and 'how to be Goth' guidelines written by people who actually had no clue what they were talking about. So, now that I've been in the scene for a while, I thought I'd try and make it easier to access info on this particular subculture - by making a website all about it.

Unfortunately my old site (on Piczo) sucked, which I suppose isn't surprising as I started writing it as an overeager sixteen-year-old babybat and ripped a whole bunch of ideas off Gothic Charm School. So I decided to change the format, change the host (because Piczo was becoming harder and harder to use, riddled with errors), come up with my own topics and generally whip the Goth Guide into better shape.

What kind of blogs do you follow?
Mostly those related to Goth and alternative fashion, beauty and culture, although I also follow a few personal blogs, if the person has a really interesting life, posts a lot of gorgeous pictures or is exceptionally well-dressed. Preferably all three.

Favourite make-up brand?
Like Angela, who gave me this award, I'm all about Avon. Actually, I just placed an order for EVEN MORE Avon make-up... I'm so broke. Loving their new Onyx Lustre line, though!

Favourite clothing brand?
At the moment Living Dead Souls, although I have been buying much less brand name stuff lately and getting stuff from Etsy or charity shops instead.

Indispensible make-up product?
Eyebrow pencil.

Favourite colour?
Purple and pink. Don't make me choose!

Favourite perfume?
Black XS, although at the moment I'm alternating between Love Generation Sexy, Absynthe by Christian LaCroix, Love from the Harajuku Lovers range and Outspoken by Fergie.

Favourite film?
Pan's Labyrinth. There's nothing I don't love about it. My perfect movie.

What country would you like to visit and why?
America or Germany. I would love to visit Hollywood and New York as they are places I've only seen on television and don't actually seem real to me! And Germany for the festivals, the shopping, and the people. Honestly, at every concert or event I attend I seem to meet really nice German people.

Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Mascara. When I wear blush I wear it very heavy and very pink for a baby doll look, so it would be very noticeable if I forgot one side!

I'm awarding:

It's great to have Laurel back on Blogspot, and I think she deserves a Versatile Blogger award because she posts on such a variety of topics - Goth fashion and culture, minimalism, blindness, and her personal and family life. She often posts several times a day so there's always something new to read!

I loved the Juliet's Lace Piczo site and it probably wouldn't have occured to me to move to Blogspot if I hadn't followed Amy over here. Amy doesn't seem to get annoyed when I link to her posts all the time - and now I've started tagging her with various things every ten minutes as well. Oops, sorry!

Laurence, aka the Beard, posts on everything from Goth to movies to his own works of fiction, and always leaves nice comments!

Lilly posts tonnes of fun links and has lots of interesting posts about Goth.

Breanna, aka Angel of Darkness, has only been posting here on Blogspot for a short while, but I have enjoyed reading her blog and hope to hear more from her soon.

I'm loving the new layout on this blog; the life and times of a green-haired, beautifully dressed Australian Goth.

Miss Gracie's recent posts include palmistry, Goths with guns, and sewing projects. I love Miss Gracie's blog, especially when we get to see her lovely outfits. =)

5 comments:

Laurence 'The Beard' Williams said...

Thank you so much for awarding me with this. My Beard approves ^^

http://uncivilised-ramblings.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html

The Green Fairy said...

Naw you're so sweet. Thank you! And now I have even more blogs to check out *faints* :P

Angela said...

Ooo, yay, another Avon lover! ^_^

Also, I have never heard of Absynthe by Christian LaCroix but that definitely sounds like one I must try. I love the drink and have Absinthe body oil from Vampfangs! Sounds yummy. :)

Julietslace said...

Thanks :) I've got more followers because of this! Can't wait to try it myself.

Angel of Darkness said...

Thank you very much! Hope you don't mind but I give you a versatile blogger award, you deserve another one! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...