THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Under the Blue Moon Festival

Blue moon. n. 'An ideal time to do something you've never done before'.

Since a large proportion of my readers live in Australia, I thought it was probably about time I posted on Aus's finest dark culture festival, Under the Blue Moon. I was originally informed about this festival by Velvet Wolf, a regular visitor to my old site. I have to admit that I struggled to find information on this event, so you might have to bear with me a little...

The UTBM Festival describes itself as Australia's festival of all things darkly beautiful, and incorporates several unique events over several days. These unique events include the Swap and Sell Gothique, an ArtPrize and photography show, the world's only Gothic Mass, a convoy of hearses, and a Goth Trivia Night. There's also cabaret, a fashion show, club nights and parties, a night of Gothic and doom metal, and an Industrial/dark electro gig featuring performances from the likes of Covenant, IKON, and Voices of Masada. And of course, there's a market day.

The organisers of this fest also run fashion show Lunarmorph, described as an alternative fashion extravaganza showcasing 'the most eye-popping alternative and avant-garde fashion by top designers from Melbourne and Sydney', which takes place as part of the Sydney Fringe Festival in September.

The UTBM website states, "The Under The Blue Moon showbags are the highlight of the festival every year, full of surprises, prizes & the best discount vouchers to all the stores & stalls in the Alternative Arts, Retail Fashion District of Enmore & Newtown! You might even be lucky enough to pick up a showbag with a secret suprise so make sure you take a good look inside your showbag!"

Under the Blue Moon is a four-day fest which has been running since 2004, and takes place every year in the autumn. From 2009 it happens over Halloween, so whilst UK darklings are Gothing-up for Whitby, Australian Goths are strapping on their Demonias and heading to Sydney for the UTBM All Hallow's Ball.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Sigh. I want to move somewhere near a goth festival! I thought the idea of gothing up vaccum cleaners looked fun--not that I use mine (I found a great pet fur broom and carpet rake that work just as well), but mine could use a makeover, smile. Oh, if only I could see what they actually did...

Emily Lynn G. said...

WHY MUST I LIVE IN FLORIDA??

Clicky said...

Thanks for covering this! :) I love reading your blog, and so i really pleased that an Australian goth festival was mentioned. It is a really fun event and they sell the most amazing things! Plus you get the chance to see some really unique and inspiring Goth and Alternative fashion. :D

Travelling girl said...

Hi, do you know ift there is one in 2012 as well? It really is hard to find some information on that :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...