THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

My World Goth Day celebrations! Holiday snaps (3)!

Of course, day three of our weekend mini-break happened to be World Goth Day. We had been prepared for this, and when we got off the train at Bournemouth immediately went to Asda across the road and went hunting for absinthe - thanks to the reader who tipped me off to the fact that Asda sells cheap absinthe!

We began our day with a hearty breakfast (thanks Clive!) and a bit more shopping; then we lounged about in the pleasure gardens by the river for a while.

I'm looking so spaced here because Dan called my name, then snapped the photo as I turned around. A marching band went past us plaing tunes from Grease, which was a little random. What you can't see in this pic is the pink lemonade I'm drinking - so classy! ^^

 Yes... the water is cold.



 Attack of the pigeon!
Sometimes, a picture says a thousand words...
This pic was taken on the walk back to our hotel, before our World Goth Day absinthe-fest. ^^

This was my first ever taste of absinthe, which I thought was a fitting way to raise a glass to Goth Day. Surprisingly, I'm actully sober in the below pictures - but you wouldn't know it to look at me.
Not drunk... just scruffy


Meet Ugly Jack! Dan and I poured loads of money into an arcade game to win one of these adorable, fluffy monster guys, but the game was rigged - the things were too heavy for the grabber to pick up. :-/ I was gutted - until we found this one in a shop way down the road! It was the last one they had, too... and he's mine! =D

Dysfunctional family portrait?
Maybe a little too much absinthe? ;-)

Listening to: Queen of Halloween - Al. B. Damned

6 comments:

Qwack said...

Lol. Cute pics, like the dysfunctional family shot. Made me giggle.

Dirgesinger said...

Lol very nice pictures! Looks like you've had loads of fun with that absinthe. I am a great fan of the green fairy too; in fact (though its not one thing a lady is proud of usually, hehe) before the birth of my daughter I was better in drinking it than the dudes in our friend circle:P

SiouxsieL said...

Glad you were able to get Ugly Jack. In case you ever come face-to-face with one of those arcade games again, here is a helpful link. http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2006/06/01/how-to-win-something-from-a-claw-machine/
Great post!

NinaRevenant said...

Oooo stuffed monsters, love ;p

Jamie said...

What gorgeous pics-it seems like you had a fabulous time! I love your Batman T-it's pretty amazing. And you and Dan are a super-cute couple!

jessicadawn said...

you have the same batman top as me!!! ok, i know there's probably a million other people with that top but it made me ridiculously happy anyway haha :P love the photos btw :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...