THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 14 June 2011

An International Steampunk Day non-post... oops!

Today is International Steampunk Day!

I'm not dressed in anything even vaguely steampunk-inspired because I became aware of this event about, ooh, 30 seconds ago...? But add June 14th to your calendars for next years, darklings, we'll make an event of it. ;-) Thanks to Still Dark for alerting me to this!

Oh sugar! I just noticed the time - I'm supposed to be ready for the pub in ten minutes and I'm still in my boring work clothes!!! I do apologise for this non-post and I hope you will forgive me... In the meantime, go to Still Dark and read all about Steampunk Day!

Source: Steampunk Couture
P.S. For the two or three people who commented anonymously today and yesterday (or you could be the same person, for all I know) saying that myself and two other commentors were, alternately, 'posers' and not 'real Goths', based on 1) a commentor's age, 2) a second commentor's spelling mistake and 3) a picture of a T-shirt, yes I deleted your comments. Last I checked, a person's Goth-ness was not judged on how old they are, how well they can type or whether they like different things to you (yes, people can like very different things than what you like and still be just as Goth as you, your 'stupid' might be their 'funny and ironic'!). If you are insecure about your place in the subculture and as such wish to prove your superiority by judging other Goths anonymously over the internet, there is already a site for that. Don't bring that shit over here, thanks.

P.P.S. On a much nicer note, giveaway winner Oliuae received her goodies today and sent me the loveliest e-mail, with pics. Thanks so much Oliuae, I'm really glad you liked the stuff! <3

14 comments:

Sal Kaye said...

Thanks for the link! :)

Ignore comments like these.
Some people just feel there's something missing in their lives if they stop acting immature.

Tenebris In Lux said...

Seriously, ignore those comments. Your site has a lot of traffic -- which is a good thing -- but it can also bring along idiots who want to criticize everything. Just brush them off, they obviously are the chickens. Anonymous? No Blogger account? Seriously? I'd either find who they are to attempt to block them or not allow anonymous users to post -- which would be a tough choice, but all in all it's your blog honey =)

But enough of that. This is an interesting event, and I'll have to write it down for next year. Prepared to work on a steampunk-y outfit, maybe?

x-akurei said...

The way I see it, if someone has nothing better to do than post annonymous comments on a blog all day, then... well, more the pity to them. I don't see how a spelling mistake has anything to do with "goth or not", though :L

linnea-maria said...

Oh great. Just missed a nice event! Thanks for letting me know. I will put a reminder in my calendar.
Don't bother those negative comments. Your site is great because that you are openminded and write good posts.

Nina @ Death Books and Tea said...

Happy Steampunk day to you too!Shame you missed most of it...I did too! There's always next year though...
And don't worry about those negative comments. I like your site because everything you write is open ended and informative. And I've never noticed any spelling mistakes...

Laurence 'The Beard' Williams said...

@ Both Anonymouses

Wow, elitism much? Who exactly gave you the right to decide whether something is goth or not? Last time I checked, goths were more accepting, and Amy is far from a poser. Do you feel threatened by this blog or are you just rather mean? If the former, then I too call you insecure. Besides, is anyone actually forcing you to read this? All Amy is doing is offering a first-hand insight into this fascinating subculture, and if you have a negative opinion of this, fine, but is there a need to insult someone who's writing things how she sees them?

And Amy, funny you should post this because only this weekend was I at a steampunk gathering at Didcot Railway Centre. I'll be sure to celebrate properly next year. Thanks =D

Maeam said...

Sheesh. People, get a life...

International Steampunk Day?! Man, oh, man! So many interational days to remember...! Can you perhaps make a list of all of the alternative subculture-related international days? Like Int'l. Lolita Day, World Goth Day, etc, etc, etc?

ultimategothguide said...

...And this is why I love you guys. *hugs*

@ Maeam - will do, got International Loli Day on my list of events to write about. In fact, check out my 'calendar' tag (note to self: add this post!)

@ Laurence - <333333 thanks so much!

And really, Didcot? That's not too far away from me, how the f did I miss that? Bugger bugger bugger. XP

@ Nina - thanks so much, will have to get some sort of blogging event going for next year?

@ x-akurei - couldn't agree more. In the end, it's more hits for my blog, better stats and more comments. XP

@ Linnea-Maria - thank you ^^

@ Tenebris in Lux - yeah, more hits always means more idiots, sadly. That's the first lot of negativity I've had though, and to be honest all I did was post a Polyvore set. I don't think it was the same person posting 'poser' comments to other commentors, but I deleted those straight away anyway, people don't come here to get attacked by other 'Goths'.

@ Sal Kaye - you're always welcome. Love your site ^^

Tenebris In Lux said...

There's no need to be attacking each other and (in a cyber way) ripping each other to shreds. Goodness ..

Callasandra said...

Yeah that person comenting that stuff was at me I was the one who said "this was posted on my 13th birthday and I know where Qwack is coming from so good luck to the both of us" I hope that the other person learns from his or her`s mistake O_o

Emily Lynn G. said...

Haterz gonna hate, Amy, ignore them! I love this blog for the diversity of people through all walks of life and how much of a safe,inviting environment it is. Don't worry; we'll keep it that way. I have a feeling that Anon commenter is the same one from your "glimpse into The Guide" post- 'eff him/her!

Hexotica said...

Ha! Had no idea but today is the day I'm sewing up spats to sell so...how appropriate! :P

Laurel said...

If Anon commenting goes than I unfortunately so would my input. Unless Amy decides to head over to Twitter :P

Is it bad that I expected a link to Vampirefreaks instead of GothorNot?

Serenity said...

Ugh, I love Kato! (the goth in that photo you posted) Steampunk is really beautiful to me, but I don't think I could properly pull it off. :/
Also, I'm going to the beach tomorrow. Naturally, my wardrobe consists of black and fishnets and huge boots, halp? <3!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...