THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Alive, mostly...

No, I'm not dead... sorry for the unexpected lack of posts. Turns out that the 'little bug' that had been making me feel awful for a couple of weeks was actually tonsilitis, which, apparently, does not go away if you ignore it and keep going to work like a bloody-minded idiot. What it DOES do if you ignore it is make the glands in your stomach swell up. Oh joy.

So my life currently consists of sleeping, more sleeping, trying to find something I can eat other than yoghurt, feeling guilty about not studying/writing articles for people/doing anything productive, and more sleeping. Although today I have graduated to watching daytime TV, which may or may not actually be an improvement.

I may or may not be away for a little while longer, depending on nausea and exhaustion levels. In the meantime, please amuse yourselves by debating the following statement (humour me, I'm ill and possibly insane):

  • Count Duckula is more awesome than Mona the Vampire.
I grew up watching both, but... Duckula is just adorable.

In other news, I am going to grow my eyebrows back again; not because I had any problems drawing them on but because making decisions about appearance when sick is a Bad Decision. Every time I see eyebrowless-me in a mirror I think, "Bleck, sick person...". Also, I'm going to get a smaller nose ring, this big chunky BCR one has had its day I think. Need to do something about my ear piercings too, they look kind of... crowded.

Exciting, no? Sorry for this slighly odd non-post, return to usual services hopefully soon.

Same bat time, same bat channel. ;-)

11 comments:

SaryWalrus said...

I hope you feel better soon! Your posts are highly missed. :D

⚏ Arlecchino Fluorescente ⚝ said...

Oh god.. I was hospitalised with Glandular Fever last year, but they thought it was Tonsillitis for ages because apparently they are quite similar. Worst feeling ever.

Luna said...

Feel better! Tonsilitis is awful. Also totally agree with you on the eyebrows--mine fell out between over-bleaching and mindless plucking. Didn't mind drawing them on for the most part, but on days where I had early morning appointments or had to see a doctor, it was a little trying to agonize over drawing them on perfectly when I was dying of plague. Took them a year + to grow back, but at least I can leave my house now without feeling like an alien?

Qwack said...

Count Duckula is awesome. :D

Hope you don't go -too- crazy!

Sabayon said...

Wow, I didn't know there even were glands in one's stomach that could become infected. I hope you feel better soon. Remember, hibiscus tea has lots of vitamin C and is a delightful red color :)

We didn't get Count Duckula or Mona the Vampire on American TV, so I can't weigh in on that. American Babybats pretty much just had The Count and Darkwing Duck's girlfriend, Morgana, for Saturday morning cartoons.

Dirgesinger said...

get well soon dear! Healing thoughts from Hungary, land of vampires, hehe:P

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Feel better soon!!!

I hate not having my eyebrows drawn in, and mine aren't even shaved! They are just far too "lightweight" without added black. :) I've thought of getting them tattooed; not "permanent makeup" but real-life grown-up tattooed. Then I chicken out because that's my face we're talking about!

Angel of Darkness said...

Well, you not enirely alone there in the lack of posting and stuff.

Emily Lynn G. said...

awwww! get well soon, Amy!

ReGreta said...

@ Sabayon I saw Count Duckula here in the US back in the early nineties. I think it was on nickelodeon.

InfiltratorN7 said...

I read somewhere that Count Duckula and Danger Mouse (both Cosgrove Hall productions) were aired in the US on Nickelodeon in [I think] the 90s. Both series were very awesome and in both shows the lead character was voiced by David Jason (Del Boy from Only Fools & Horses). It was Danger Mouse in which Count Duckula first appears though in that he is a villain and looks slightly different but his love of theatre and showbusiness was very much there.

Another excellent Cosgrove Hall cartoon was Alias the Jester which starred Richard Briers as an alien called Alias who crash lands in medieval England. He becomes a Jester and hides his superpowers and alien identity, always saving the day in the end with those powers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...