Argh. I wasn't the best blogger last month. I started a new job last week (annoyingly, at the same time I got sick) and it's the most physical I've ever had, I'm exhausted and just couldn't work up the oomph to post some days. Bear with me!
Hello, nine new followers! Where did you spring from all of a sudden?
So today is my 300th post, and coincidentally also Sophistique Noir's first-day-of-the-month themed post.
I had the idea of making my own beaded mini-crown aaages ago, when I stumbled across an online tutorial, probably on one of the EGL LiveJournal communities. But I couldn't be bothered to look it up again (see above, re: exhausted) so I knocked together a little something from scratch.
You will need:
- Wire (I used a packet of Gutermann Creativ silver-plated wire)
- Beads (in my case, a tub each of Gutermann 8mm 'glasperlen' in Col. 9380 and Col. 9495)
- Craft glue (Copydex)
- Diamantes (Trimits Decorative Acrylic Jewels)
- Ribbon (long enough to tie comfortably around your head, as wide as you like)
- Long-nosed pincers
2. Cut two pieces of wire 4" long. Thread with beads as above, then use pincers to attach to opposite sides of your circle so that they meet in the middle in an arch.
3. Repeat above, except with slightly longer wires, one about 4.5" and one about 5.5".
4. When attached to the base of the crown, the four wires should meet in the centre. Twist them together with the pincers and tuck the ends underneath, except the longest end, which should be pointing upwards.
5. Add two beads to this pointy end. Glue them into place.
6. Glue a diamante to the top bead to cover the end of the wire and add prettiness. ^^ You can, of course, cover your crown with as many diamantes as you want.
7. The longer lengths of wire should form larger, more defined arches than the shorter two. This is what you want people to see from the front. Tie ribbons firmly to the base of the crown, around the base of these lengths of wire. Snip short and add blobs of glue for maximum security. Let glue dry overnight.
Et voila! The flower hairclips help to anchor the ribbons firmly. You might like to add hair pins or a discreet Alice band.
|Please ignore post-work zombie face. XP|