THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 7 July 2011

Round-up, the second

Feeling less plague-ish today... the antibiotics must be kicking in, FINALLY. (BTW - was there some sort of 'Blogger Goth community changes their hair colour' memo this month or something? I've been trying to fade out my black for weeks so I can go red - I'll probs just end up with red roots, but hey-ho - Kitty's gone CUPCAKE PINK *swoons* and I adore Juliet's new rose colour, and Sary's bleaching away in her little corner of the internets... yes I am paying attention guys, plague or no plague...)

Whilst I am stalking my Blogger friends, I may as well get on with a blog round-up, since I think it's probably a bit overdue here.

<3
Source: Google
Firstly, I have been enjoying some blogs so much lately that I couldn't choose a specific post to wave at you. Some of these are new to me, some I have been lurking around on (attractively, I hope) for a while.

Gothy Two Shoes (remember the 'big Goth hair' tutorial vid I posted? Yes, it's her! Natalie is like the Aussie Goth lovechild of Siouxsie and Bowie. And she's a DJ. And she likes Totoro. <3)

If I Only Were A Goth (I'm sure you all know Steph by now, but her Interview with a Goth series is phenomenal, really interesting to read and some gorgeous pics too!)

DIY and Other Dangerous Adventures (Aisling is a self-confessed babybat - reading about someone else discovering the Goth scene in almost exactly the same way I did brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye.)

Now, on with the round-up. I'm loving this DIY post over at Siouxsie Law... I do happen to have a random bullet sitting on my desk, although it isn't just a casing so I'm not sure how to attach it to a chain. I'm also debating whether or not to paint butterflies on it, or something...

Sophistique Noir also had an interesting tutorial last month... I'm wondering whether or not to steal some of my mum's 'work trousers' to make my own armwarmers. ;-)

Fade To Black is a blog I only discovered last month... it's a dream for those of us who LOVE make-up, and this particular post has some jaw-dropping looks from WGT. I adore looking at snaps from the bigger festivals, the creativity and attention to detail is always amazing.

Speaking of attention to detail, I absolutely adored this outfit post from The Walrus Room. I could spend all day looking at pictures of other Goths in fabulous outfits. Oh, and on the subject of both 'Sary' and 'fabulous', why not chuck some 'Kitty' into the mix as well? The photos from the girls' trip to Berry are beyond awesome. Here's the first of three posts covering their trip.

It just wouldn't be a round-up post without a link to Juliet's Lace, in fact it's almost becoming gratuitous, so here's the lovely Amy de-bunking some weird Goth myths.

And of course there's still good stuff going on at A Mortal Does Approach - this post about finding and defining your personal style made me beam with pride over my own inspiration folder. Which totally needs adding to, FYI. Oh, and some budgetgoth fashion tips too! ^^

To round this off, how 'bout some Gothy eye candy? And no one does eye candy better than Ophelia Overdose - I love the outfits she made for WGT 2011, which you can check out here.

12 comments:

Julietslace said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! :3 thanks for the linkie, I always feel special.

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

Yay, I'm still awesome. :D

Heather was trying to talk to me about something when I was reading this and I kind of excitedly exclaimed in the middle of her sentence. "YAAAY! I'M STILL COOL" ".....o.o?"

SaryWalrus said...

Thank you! I always feel extra-special when you mention me in a post, mostly because I've followed your blog for AGES and that means I consider you a 'Goth blog elder' in the realms of blogger. :3

I've been noticing a lot of people dying their hair too.

Luna said...

This memo must have been blasted out subliminally, because I totally got a hold of it too. Maybe the entire community just knows when it's time for a change?

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

I only just noticed the thing about me being a cupcake cat just now. XD but yeah, apparently? I don't know. -pinks at like some kind of sea anenome-

(captcha is "mogcgsc". wtf?)

Tenebris In Lux said...

Hah, I feel a change in my hair color coming soon, too! My mum (of all people) wants me to bleach it and dye it purple, but I'm leaning towards silver or black. Green sounds pretty, too. Or I might bleach, then dye it blue with some shampoo to lighten the blue color. (Oh wait, that's an Adora BatBrat secret. Shhh! No worries, I'll reference her if I do that!)

If there is a change, I shall post pictures! I've never dyed my hair before, so this will be fun .. *_*

Ashlee said...

Yay for antibiotics and feeling better!

Wow, thank you for the mention!

E said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! Your presence has been much missed on the interwebs.

Teresa said...

Yay my friend (Aisling) was mentioned! Can I take credit for showing her your blog? (I have a blog similar to hers, but not as good, and it certainly won't be for a while. But it keeps me from annoying my "Normal" friends with things like vampire fangs and black lace)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Ooh, good stuff in this round-up, for sure! And am I the *only* one who just went BACK to basic black hair? Figures. :)

The Green Fairy said...

I can't wait 'til you're feeling better (I have a selfish reason, because I love you blog :P)

Thanks for the mentions *blushes* I'm glad you like the interviews! I get so excited when people email me in, but then have to tell them they have to wait their turn is kind'a sucky :(

Wooo for hair!!!

SiouxsieL said...

Glad to hear that you are almost over the plague. And thanks for the shout out! I like your butterfly idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...