THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Spotlight on: Jami Deadly

Over 4900 hits yesterday - my highest ever! Are you guys TRYING to blow my mind?! :-D I'm off to a gig tonight; and I'm afraid there will be no post tomorrow as I'm having dinner with friends straight after work and probably won't be back until late.

Today's Spotlight is dedicated to Kitty Lovett of Bloggery of a Gothcat, because her recent post listing Marilyn Monroe as one of her inspirations reminded me of the fabulous Jami Deadly.

Image (c) Shannon Brooks for Deadbeat Magazine
Source: Jami Deadly's MySpace
I first read about Jami Deadly in an issue of Bite Me, a magazine dedicated to all things vampyre. Jami is a pin-up and fetish model, Marilyn Monroe impersonator, burlesque dancer and a horror TV hostess for the show 'Deadly Cinema', which was her brainchild and created through her hard work and dedication to finding someone who was willing to make the programme.

Deadly Cinema, which ran from 2003 to 2005 and is available as a 3-disc DVD box set, combines the classic horror format pioneered by Gothy icons Elvira and Vampira, but with Jami's own unique twist. In Jami's words, "What if a glamorous blonde movie star type thought living in a cemetery and sleeping in a bubblegum pink coffin were as normal as anything?"

Jami's vintage pin-up look is currently enjoying much popularity in the Goth scene, thanks to the boom in burlesque shows (and how many of us Goth ladies list Dita Von Teese as a style icon? Jami has actually opened for Dita, I might add). She has also been featured in magazines such as Rue Morgue and Deadbeat, as if being Marilyn Monroe with fangs (for her Bite Me photoshoot) wasn't awesome enough.
Bite Me Magazine! in Magazines,etc by Jami Deadly
Here's the introduction to Deadly Cinema - this is played before convention screenings of the show. If you want to check out some episodes, visit Deadly Cinema on YouTube here. It's delightfully cheesy in the best B-movie style.


Essential Jami Deadly...
Beauty staple: peroxide!, winged eyeliner, RED lips
Fashion staple: veiled hats and opera gloves (and fangs)
Purchase: Deadly Cinema DVD box set
Random fact: Jami was awarded Scream Queen of the month by ScreamQueen.com in September 2005
If you think Jami is awesome, check out: Dita Von Teese, Wednesday de Avaric, Voluptua
Get more Jami: http://www.modelmayhem.com/6159

6 comments:

Tenebris In Lux said...

Ooooh! I'll have to learn more about her. Interesting.

I suppose that's my "model fix" of the day ;-P

Sal Kaye said...

I didn't know her until now. She looks amazing!
Thanks for sharing.

BallerinaDark said...

I didn't know about her either..maybe I did see some pics of her in the past but never stopped to see who she actually was..:P I will look up on her!

Also, Amy, I was wondering are you available for an interview in my blog Gothic Divine Magazine? I would love so much to interview you :)

Let me know!

BallerinaDark of Gothic Divine Magazine

Unlacing the Victorians said...

speaking of vampires, you might find this clip from The Colbert Report amusing: http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/393272/july-27-2011/difference-makers---patrick-rodgers

Stephen Colbert is a fake right-wing political American pundit (a.k.a. a comedian) who hosts a weeknight show making fun of all that is in the media and political atmosphere of the US. This clip shows an interesting take on alternative lifestyles.

Dayana Silveira said...

I loved you blog, i follow you ,if you can follow me XD

http://walking--with--strangers.blogspot.com/

ultimategothguide said...

@ Unlacing the Victorians - oh brill, can't wait to sit and watch that! Thanks!! <3

@ BallerinaDark - really? Awesome!! would love to - E me! beautiful.loser(at)hotmail.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...