THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 10 July 2011

"What kind of Goth am I?!"

A while back I posted a few advisory notes relating to my 'types of Goth' posts, as I noticed I was getting dozens of comments from worried babybats who weren't sure what kind of Goth they were. Gothic Charm School, apparently, receives many letters along similar lines.

Whilst I was spending some downtime checking out some videos from my latest new Goth Crush (some people get 'girl crushes'; I get Goth Crushes - that is, people I see or meet, usually online, who have such a fantastic look, great opinions, ridiculous talent and/or a sparkling personality - delete as applicable - that I immediately read their entire blog/have a ridiculous attempt at copying their make-up/spend hours watching their videos) Joji, I realised that he basically had said everything I should have said when I wrote out aforementioned notes, and not only that, but said it in an utterly charming manner.

All hail Prince Joji. Truthfully, I am a follower of Joji's blog and was kind of intimidated by his huge talent and fashion sense (awkward babybat years? Not quite behind me yet...) but in this video he seems like The Nicest, Sweetest Gothy Person Ever. Really. (Also, WILL do more fashion/make-up stuff for guys. Promise!)

To reinforce the 'it doesn't really matter what type of Goth you are or aren't' message, may I present to you the following message from Goth Tips (although personally I would take out the word 'silly' and insert the words 'feel you need to' between 'don't' and 'fall'):
 Submitted by dehumanizedflesh

Go read everything from Goth Tips, and check out Joji's vids, photography and blog. Welcome. ^^

10 comments:

Lucidia LeFang said...

I just recently discovered Joji's videos, and I have to agree with you; he does seem super sweet~.

Tenebris In Lux said...

I don't want to feel like a stalker, but I had to comment again:

I love Goth Tips! That blog is one of the main reasons why I got a tumblr in the first place. And I will take a look at Joji's blog.

Krystal said...

Hi Amy-

Where, oh where, can I email you? Can't seem to dig up your email address. Thanks! :)

ultimategothguide said...

Hi Krystal - the closest I come to a public email is beautiful -dot- loser -at- hotmail.co.uk, I really should set one up for this site, shouldn't I?!

Ashlee said...

He has a blog?! I did not know that. I follow him on tumblr.

akumaxkami said...

Sweet. I'm gonna check these out!

Lisa said...

Hi, I love reading your blogs and can I ask a question? Is there such a thing as a tomboy goth? can you email the answer at zeiriza12@gmail.com, thank you :)

PenguinPickles said...

It started with me liking stuff that just happened to be goth...since almost everything I've ever liked was, I was okay with the label. After meeting some others, I was bombarded by these stereotypes that I was supposed to fit, & that I need to know what kind I am, or I'm not goth, blah blah blah. Each person's definition was a bit different, too. I defended myself, but then wondered if there really were all these rules. I still do my own thing, no worries, but for a while I just called myself alternative & left it at that. Elitists (or maybe they were noobs?) really kill it for me. This was inspirational, & a breath of fresh air. Love reading your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I just don't worry about categorizing myself. If I want to wear my lace gloves with my jeans and black t-shirt, or if I want to throw some safety pinned accessories on with a fancy floor length skirt and and and band shirt, or even wear a trenchcoat and a choker together in one outfit, then I'll do it. It's all about what you're comfortable with, not about what has to fit in what. It's an expression of personality, fellow babybats!
~From one Babybat to the others, rock on!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Savannah,I think of myself as "Half Goth" because some days i'm gloomy with black clothes and all that and others i'm happy and bright. Am I goth?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...