I'm not sure if countries outside of the UK hold car boot sales, I expect they do, but I'm not sure! If you do live in a bootsale-free country, you're missing out on a wonderful tradition wherein we crazy British load up the boots of our cars (that's 'trunks' if you're in America) with our unwanted goods, park up in a field and sell 'em to other crazy Britishers at rock-bottom prices. I've sold my own unwanted crap at bootsales before, but today was all about the buying...
|Bronwyn, Her Royal Cuteness, tries on a jacket.|
You can't see exactly how gorgeous she is here. Everyone who meets her has an 'OMG' moment. Seriously. My homeirls are pretty. <3
However, bear the following in mind:
- Wear suncream! There is no shade, anywhere.
- Bring a jacket - there's no shelter either.
- It's easy to get carried away and start buying junk you don't need, so try to keep in mind a) your ideal look, b) what things you are actually looking for and c) the fact that if you buy stuff you don't really want you'll only have to get rid of it a week later.
- There is no cash point and nobody has a card machine. Duh.
- Try your hand at haggling - most people at booties just want to get rid of stuff and not have to take it home again, so you might be able to wangle a lower price.
T.U.K. shoes: free (secondhand from Bronwyn's sister)
Scallop tights: 10p
Secret Fantasy perfume, brand new in box: £4
Hot pink garter: 20p
Night of the Living Dead skirt: £1
Halloween cookie cutters: 50p
Whalenet tights: 20p
Grey skull sweater: 20p
Crown earrings (not pictured, still in my pocket!) 50p
Alice Cooper 'Trash' album: £1
V for Vendetta DVD: £1
Lace rose hair tie: 20p
Black diamante and leather choker: 20p
Black feather boa (to be worn in hair, obvs): £1
Black lace gloves: 20p
Burgundy lipstick: 50p
Dark red lipstick: 50p
Blue mousse eyeshadow: 50p
Silver liquid liner: 50p
Black nail varnish: 50p
Avon 'MagiX' illuminator: 50p
Metallic blue glow-in-the-dark false lashes: 20p
Purple feather fan: 20p
HIM halterneck top: £1
Within Temptation long-sleeved top: £2
Goth manga T-shirt: £5
I don't think I missed anything! The grand total was about £25.
Jeans: Tesco, £10
Rat top: Emilie Autumn concert, £20
Fishnet top: gift
Sparkly bat hair clips: Tesco Halloween, £1.50
Collar: Red Haze, about £15
Spiked wristbands: gifts
Glovies: XS Punk, via Stinky Fish, £4.50
|Please ignore face o.O|