THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Day 11: is Goth a lifestyle for you?

I would have to say yes. Not because I dress like this every day (I do) or because I never ever do anything that 'isn't Goth' (of course I do - I'm a person, not a robot), not even because I like to add a hint of spookiness to as many areas of my life as I can (case in point: I have begun ordering my toiletries from Antisally's Goth Rosary and when I decided it was time to learn to cook I tracked down Gothy cookbooks), but because as of right now I cannot imagine being, or wanting to be, any other way.

Sure, as I grow older my style might change, my taste in music might change, I might even decide that the way forward for me is a career as a Paris Hilton lookalike (fat chance!), but what attracts me, now, to Goth culture is the same as what attracted me to Halloween, fairy tales and eccentric clothing choices as a child, and I don't think it's something I can 'grow out of' - it's part of me, it's who I am.

For me Goth has always been about embracing and indulging that part of me, the weird little kid who genuinely believes there are fairies at the bottom of the garden and a monster under the bed, and as such I have become semi-addicted and frankly obsessed, and Goth has, to a certain extent, taken over or stretched it's black-dipped tentacles into most, if not all, areas of my life.

Tank top: Mum's
Within Temptation top: bootsale, £2
Belt: random alt store, £25
Choker with black diamantes: 20p, bootsale
Pentagram necklace: £1.50, Witchcraft (Burley, New Forest)
Skinnies: Tesco, £12
New Rocks: skip (note: when I say skip, I mean that literally. I have friends at the local recycling centre who rescue any good-quality Gothy things heading for oblivion.)
Just for SiouxsieLaw, a boots pic ^^
Me in standard work mode. No, it's not a black coffee ACTUALLY, it's fruit tea.
Hardcore.

15 comments:

Julietslace said...

I love fruit tea :) I don't like tea or coffee so it makes me feel included.

Serenity said...

Great choice on the tea! It's classy. :D <3!

T. Jade said...

mmm fruit tea. =P I may have me some shortly. Haha, I just did the post about my old babybat photos and its nice to see a change of picture with your outfits. =D love 'em.

Tenebris In Lux said...

I love the color of those boots.

Mmm .. I actually like black coffee. Never had fruit tea.

BallerinaDark said...

I'm really curious to know how much you paid those boots..The more you say "skip" the more I want to know ! :P

Ps. Fruit tea rules! \m/

:P

jessieann13 said...

Those boots are amazing!
Yay, fruit tea! :p

Sakara said...

being in my mid thirties now (i ignore it and go by my Wiifit age instead hehe) ive looked back over my personal style and although i sometimes deviated from a gothic look i always returned to it. Its part of my personality.

DEATH OF A RAVEN said...

Nice pair of New Rock boots. Maybe I should ask someone at a recycle plant to save me any old Gothic stuff heading for oblivion.

siouxsiel said...

The boots are awesome. And I'm not just saying that just because I have the same pair (thanks ebay!). I may have to post a doppleganger pic of what you will look like in 20 yrs wearing those boots.
Great post. You articulated it so well.

adler666official said...

i see we have same shoes! :)

Sabayon said...

I am officially awed by the cleverness of having friends to salvage you goth boots from the recycling center, and what great boots you did score!

Dino said...

Gothy cookbooks? Now you make me curious. Tell me more :O

Anonymous said...

....WITHIN TEMPTATION?! YOU'RE SO...damn...lucky! We don't have that shop where we are in England

:(

All it is is rap stuff. NOTHING for metal fans!

Amaranth Darkwraith said...

HOLY CROW!!!!!!!!!! WITHIN TEMPTATION T-SHIRT?????? I can't even find one on freaking Amazon.!!!!!!! I have Bauhaus, Siouxsie, Joy Division, and I also have Evanescence, but do you KNOW how HARD it is to find symphonic metal T-shirts?? LUCKY!!!!!!!! You look absolutely gorgeous, by the by. Also, wow, this post was last year. But I just saw it. Sorry. Random.

Anonymous said...

~Commenters
Within Temptation has some t-shirts on its website. I haven't tried to order yet. Still cautious since my Evanescence necklace never did arrive (and that was my x-mas present, too).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...