THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, 13 August 2011

Day 7: Ten of your favourite Goth bands

Alice Moving Under Skies

This is a live video so it isn't that great, sadly, as I am 100% addicted to this song at the moment and listen to it almost constantly. To the point I'm considering getting the song title 'Grit Girl' tattooed on my knuckles (unlikely to actually happen, though). I love the hypnotic beat, especially in the intro! Not enough people have heard of this fantastic band.

Dyonisis

This is Arachne's Song, it's so beautiful! I have loved Dyonisis ever since I first heard them...

Hannah Fury

I'm not even going to describe Hannah Fury's amazing songs in words. Just listen.

Johnny Hollow

It took me forever to choose which Johnny Hollow song to post as a lot of their tracks sound very different from each other! I also recommend Alibi, Boogeyman, Devil's Night (3am remix) and Rasputin. It's great to finally see an official video from this group, mainly because one of their members is the genius artist behind My Pet Skeleton!

Pretentious, Moi?

Can't hear this song without singing along. I rave about this band continually, I can't express how god damn fantastic they are. LOVE THEM. Incidentally, the singer is either engaged to or has by now already married Lady Amaranth, the incredible Goth model. I know because she told me. When I met her. ^^ Stamp my Goth card now, please.

BAK XIII

So Pretentious, Moi? was today's Goth rock fix, now please enjoy something a little... bleepier. This is my current ring tone!

The Birthday Massacre

If you took the blueprint for my ultimate dream song out of my head, you'd probably get this. Can't get enough of TBM.

Diva Destruction

Incredible voice. Incredible music.

Inkubus Sukkubus

The drumming on this track is incredible beyond words. When I was a Wicca-loving, Halloween-obsessed pre-teen, this song would have been my ANTHEM.

RazorBladeKisses

Cute but creepy! Yay!

There are so many more that it pains me to narrow down the list, and I'm trying to post bands I've never posted about before (my favourites being Emilie Autumn, The Cruxshadows, Ashbury Heights, The Birthday Massacre and The Cure) so I've got to be cheeky and say, also check out Cinema Strange, Bella Morte, Voltaire, Covenant, Rhea's Obsession, Corvus Corax, Rasputina and Carfax Abbey. To name but a few.

Even if you have just gotten into Goth music and/or don't like a lot of it, my tastes cover quite a wide spectrum of what can be considered 'Goth' so you may find something on this short list that you are intrigued by. ;-)

Apologies to future readers if any of these videos have died, please go Google these bands!

Today's outfit:



Fishnet shirt: gift
Rat top: £20, Emilie Autumn gig
Black tights: pinched from Mum
New Rocks: skip
Studded belt: £25, random alt store
Necklace: £2.50, market stall
Red rose hair clip: 50p, market stall
White bloomers and skirt (not seen): Poizen Industries, via Attitude Clothing, £30 approx
Red and white tutu (super poofy!): Sunshine Luvs U on Etsy, £20, review coming soon!

14 comments:

Nina @ Death Books and Tea said...

I love Hannah Fury, Johnny Hollow, The Birthday Massacre, Razorblade Kisses, Voltaire, and the Cruxshadows.
Checking out the rest of the bands you mentioned ^__^
You have a great taste in music.

Ghoulina Bones said...

I am excited to check out most of these bands, as I haven't heard of them (the ones you linked).
I am familiar with many you mentioned and I too love The Birthday Massacre and Inkubus Sukkubus.
Aaand I love the rat on your shirt.

Maeam said...

Oh, I can SO get into Pretentious, Moi? and BAK XIII! OOOH! I LOVE these songs already! I'm already into Diva Destruction and The Birthday Massacre, but I've never heard the songs you have here...Glad I heard 'em! And there's only one Inkubus Sukkubus song I ever liked...

chaoskitten[DF] said...

Love The Birthday Massacre ^^
Really like that Inkubus Sukkubus song, gonna check out more of them, along with the other bands! :)
Voltaire is brilliant :D

Penny Dreadful said...

Alice Moving Under Skies are honoured to be included in your list. Thank you. :-) (And if you ever get that tattoo done, make sure you get in touch - we'd love to see it!) *hugs*
Penny Dreadful x

faoladh said...

Thanks for this. A number of new bands that I hadn't heard of (plus several I already love) makes for a good list. Notably, Alice Moving Under Skies is quite good. I'm also quite liking Pretentious, Moi?.

Have you heard Blackbird Orchestra, Palodine, or Legion Within? It's a good idea, I think, to spread the word on current goth bands. It's easy to get trapped into bands from 15 or 20 years (or more!) ago.

Dark Fantomzy said...

I love checking out new bands, thanks for posting the video links!
And I couldn't help but dance to Alice Moving Under Skies :)

E said...

Thank you so much for this post! Seriously, I love just about every band you post about, and lists like this make me a very happy camper indeed. :D (How did I go this long without goth rock. Just. How.)

Also, a thousand thanks for mentioning Hannah Fury. Her music is so fantastically ethereal and eerie, and she really deserves all the recognition she can get.

Lolitadewdrop said...

I really like your rat top! :)

Phoenix said...

Cool post. That Hannah Fury song is amazing...

ultimategothguide said...

@ Lolitadewdrop and Ghoulina - Thanks! You could easily DIY a similar one, check out SebastianTheGirl on YouTube for her stencil DIY vid. ;-)

@ Faoladh - heard OF Blackbird Orchestra but not actually heard them. I will be sure to check out all three. :-)

@ Penny Dreadful - wow, thanks! <3 If I do get it done, I'll be sure to send a picture.

Wilsonette said...

Have you ever heard Delain...can recommend them if you like symphonic Goth rock.

Nightwind said...

You've got a good selection of band listed here. I've only heard of a couple of them though. My favorites from this list include Dyonisis, Prentious Moi, the Birthday Massacre, Diva Destruction and Inkubus Sukkubus.

Anonymous said...

Lover's End by the birthday massacre. Some awesome music!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...