THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 22 September 2011

Vampire dinner party!

As you probably already know - heaven knows I've mentioned it enough! - Monday 19th was my 20th birthday. ^^ I spent the whole weekend doing wonderful things, perhaps most importantly my 'official' birthday party on Saturday 17th. I invited my nearest and dearest over for a vampire-themed dinner party and movie night (the movie being Vampires Suck) - here are the pics!

Firstly, here's what I wore. I spent so long obsessing about the decor and the menu for the party that I totally forgot that I would need some sort of clothing, so I threw together the following outfit at nearly the last possible moment.

Top: this is actually a size-24 batwing shirt that previously belonged to my friend Liz.
Corset: Primark, £7
Skirt: charity shop, £3
Socks: Poundland
Necklace: Claire's, £4
Hair extensions: Claire's, £10
Bracelet: gift
Shoes: Emandsprout on Etsy.com, £15

I had been intending to order all the party decor from assorted Halloween sotres online, but of course my computer has been - somewhat irritatingly - out of commission for the past month or so. Cue Mum and I scurrying around all the local homeware stores to grab cutlery, placemats, glasses, plates, bowls etc that would fit in with the red and black colour scheme.

Luckily I still had some stuff left over in the attic from my 17th birthday party, including the balloons, streamers, napkins and banner. The bat garlands around the curtains were a present from my friend Claire.
The centrepiece gets its own picture as it was my first attempt at flower arranging! Everything in the vase (including the vase itself) is from The Range. The black roses especially are gorgeous, they're made of velveteen. <3

Oh, and don't worry... that's just syrup of rose in that jug there...
My best girl Jo came over a little early to help me in the kitchen. I took my menu from The Vampyre Cookbook by Leah Barrows (available from Amazon, review coming soon), and added a few details such as the salad you can see here (strawberries, watercress and cucumber strips) and bloody cross cookies, which I made with a ready-mix cookie kit, added red food colouring and nutmeg (I love nutmeg) and cut with a cross-shaped cookie cutter.

I also made these vampire blood bank mugs with the wine bottle stickers that I designed, which you can buy from my dad on eBay. (OK, I didn't DESIGN them, but I had the IDEA. There's a whole box of them in his dining room so if you want them and they're not listed, just send him a message.)


Here's me with the birthday cake! I didn't have time to decorate my own cake this year.
Bronwyn advises on the cutting of the cake.
 Assorted dinner party weirdness:

That's Rowenna on the end...

Lucy and me. Not sure why I look so alarmed.

Jo looks ladylike...

After everyone else had gone home, Dan gave me a card with a riddle. The riddle led to a present, which had another riddle, and so on... I don't know when he managed to slip off and hide them around the house but it was the sweetest birthday surprise ever. <33333

What was IN that cake?!
Enjoying some after-dinner TruBlood

Kally joins the party...

Here we are watching the movie...
My adorable friends got me some lovely gifts:


20 comments:

Mistress Mystral said...

Aaaw, those mugs are adorable! I want to have mine too. And what a nice idea for a theme party, vampires! I would like to have that Vampyre cookbook. And happy birthday <3 (little bit late, but still).

MissGracie said...

Happy Birthday Amy! ^_^

Dismantlynn said...

Happy 20th!looks like you had a fun party!

Le Professeur Gothique said...

Happy Birthday darling!

† Nanna † said...

Ahh, what the cool and funny anniversary! *o* I never had one anniversary party so cool, but it doesn't matter. U.U'
And here's my Happy birthday for you, DARKling! xD

Nightwind said...

It looks like you had a wonderful party with awesome friends. A happy belated birthday to you!

clockwork girl said...

wow, your party looks awesome! happy birthday;D

jessieann13 said...

That looks like such fun! Happy belated birthday Amy! :)

Black Rose said...

What fun you must have had there!
All the best for your dark desires for the coming year!

Tenebris In Lux said...

Awesome! Happy birthday! ^_^

That's probably the most creative party I've seen in awhile .. that looks like a lot of work o_o Extra points for the birthday surprises!

Fatally Yours said...

Glad to see you had a very spooky birthday!

Cheers!

Ms. Lou said...

Happy Birthday! Hope this year is the best so far!

Maggie said...

Happy birthday, Amy! Nothing better than a themed party to celebrate :) Love the mugs, such a great idea!

LovleAnjel said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful party with some great friends.

Traicetrak said...

Those blood bank labels are smashing! I'm very tempted, Amy, I must say. They look much more enticing than the overpriced True Blood. (How was that, by the way?) Wonderful work on that party, dear. So glad it was a good time for you.

Fae said...

Happy Birthday Amy and might I say you looked beautiful ! <3

Dark Fantomzy said...

happy belated birthday Amy! :D
i absolutely love the idea of a vampire party. sounds like it was a lot of fun.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday! The flower arrangement is awesome. And I think this is the first I've seen of your bat tattoo - it's so cool!

Pavi said...

?So your friends got you a cat?

ultimategothguide said...

Pavi - haha, no, I already had the cat ^^

Thanks everyone! <3333

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...