THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Coveting!: Hexotica

October's special treat is an accessories designer and creatress whom I admire hugely and who was also one of the first amazing, talented people I met via Blogger: Christine Rice, aka Hexotica. I am the proud owner of two of Hexotica's beautiful pieces and am looking forward to buying more!

Hexotica's gorgeous accessories include fascinators, hair clips, chokers, spats, wristbands and even cheeky nipple pasties for the more daring. Her collection contains items that would delight lovers of many Goth styles including burlesque, vintage, romantic, Gothabilly, even Lolita and steampunk, made in luxurious fabrics like satin and lace.

My very favourite pieces from Hexotica are her ostrich feather fascinators; I own one in black and cherry red but I currently have my eye on an exquisite lilac one. I was worried about wearing such a potentially delicate item but the clip is extremely strong and hangs onto even my fine hair firmly. The hand-stitched satin rosettes and beaded drops must have taken a lot of time and care, ensuring that the finished item is nothing short of divine.

Based in Melbourne, Australia, Christine herself is a rather fabulous glamour puss, who posts outfits, event photos and news about her line on her blog Gothic Burlesque (worth a look for the outfits alone, I love how she uses colour!). You can also check out more from Hexotica on Facebook.

Here are my own treats from Hexotica, available from the Etsy store.

Yes, I have been playing with peroxide.

What I love about buying from alt designers like Hexotica is that they really care about what they do, so the level of detail and the amount of attention given to each and every piece is astonishing. Which means that instead of something that falls apart after two wearings like many mainstream outlets (yes Claire's, I'm talking to you. You are the sole reason I have to keep buying Superglue) you get something handmade with the utmost care that will last for as long as you look after it.
If you treat yourself to one of these fascinators, you will end up wanting to stroke the feathers and rub them on your cheeks, they are just so soft!
This wristband is so cute; I absolutely love this shade of blue! It has a little lobster clasp which is a little tricky to do up one-handed but as you can see I've got the hang of it!

I'm just being silly in this picture... ^^
I highly recommend Hexotica and am going to be asking for some more of her products for Christmas! Hexotica accessories = instant princess.

27 comments:

Chloris said...

Amyyyy! Your hair is GORGEOUS! Pumpkin-spicealicious!

Also, love that Burlesque hair plume ;)

ultimategothguide said...

Aw thanks ^^

It's my pride and joy at the moment (the fascinator not my hair...); makes me wanna pile my hair up like Marie Antoinette and go sashaying about. =)

Snowhyte said...

Just checked out the Etsy store and there are some gorgeous pieces there! Thanks for sharing that link ^_^ ...my Christmas wishlist grows...lol. The hairpiece you show here is awesome!

Chloe Anderson said...

I just have to say, I love your hair! It's a great colour - Really suits you too! :D
And wow, the stuff on the Etsy store is amazing! I especially love the chokers, absolutely wonderful. You can tell that the utmost care was put into them!~

Le Professeur Gothique said...

WOW!!!! Look at the ginger pumpkin cutie! Oh honey, that color is absolutely gorgeous on you. It really makes your blue eyes pop! Very, very pretty.

And yes, Hexotica designs/makes some gorgeous stuff!

ultimategothguide said...

Chloe and Le Professeur - aw, you guys! <3 Thank you!!!!

The Irish Phantom Cat said...

Hehe I shall def be looking into purchasing some of those lovely pieces! I've been wanting some nice hair pieces of late to jazz up some outfits!

Wow that colour is GORGEOUS on you! It really highlights how clear your skin is and I agree with LeProfesseur Gothique- it makes your eyes pop off the page! It suits you beautifully! :)

Snowhyte said...

Everyone loves your hair! (As do I as well and agree with all very well written previous comments) Win! :D

linnea-maria said...

That wristband is gorgeous, love that colour of it. I make similar but I put rhinestones on mine and reflecting tape under the lace for extra shine :)
/Therese

BallerinaDark said...

Wow ultra-gorgeous accessories!! *-*

You look totally different with that hair color! I had to look at picture twice to realise that was really you :P you look very good :D




gothicdivinemagazine.blogspot.com

Velika said...

Hello, I've just recently discovered your blog, and I reckon it's great! Very interesting and useful.
Also, I think your new hair is very pretty.
XXxXX

Toxic Tears said...

I was bored and looking for something to do when I came across this, decided to make a fascinator. Its pretty much done, it would be done by now but I'm using a bird skull for the centre of it and it definitely needs some cleaning, which is proving difficult.>__< Will post a picture somewhere when I'm done, the materials I used to make it may surprise you.:P

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new hair. Oh my god, it's perfect O_O

Anonymous said...

As a (natural) ginger myself, I definitely approve of your new hair color. Looks great!

I'll have to give Hexotica's stuff a looksy, those fascinators are amazing!

Smashed Doll said...

Your hair is incredible!!! It really suits you!!! I love Hexotica's stuff though I have never bought any of her stuff.

Hexotica said...

Wow! It's great to see you wearing my accessories for one, but just as great to see such pretty pics of you and your hair! These are just lovely. Thank-you so much for such a generous review. :D

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog and think it's just great, and so very informative.
Great links and info, also you are very pretty.

- Koko V.

jessieann13 said...

I adore your hair! That color really works for you. *high-five for red hairness*
And that fascinator is gorgeous :)

siouxsiel said...

Congrats on the new hair -- you look great. I love all of Hexotica's stuff, especially the cobalt blue wristband.

Riskia said...

Wow! Beautiful hair! The orange is perfect for the Halloween spirit that is lingering in the cool air and fallen leaves! ^_^

I am going to have to add these amazing items to my Christmas wishlist! They are perfect accents to a Goth's autumn (or all year-round) wardrobe! ^_^

Roxanne Kirk said...

i love your style and your hair. it looks great as a pumpkin-ish color. very...autumn. this is not the main reason i'm commenting. i don't know if readers can ask questions on comments... i'm fairly new to your site.

anyway, to state my question: what do i say if someone calls me a satanist/ offers me a sacrifice? I know, its a weird question. someone came up to me at school and offered a "sacrifice" (it wasn't dead, it was his live human friend. i could tell they were half-joking. he called me a satanist because of my appearance. my friend made him apologize, and he did with a stutter of fear in his voice (my friend isn't dangerous, neither am i. i didn't say anything,being dumbfounded. this was the first time i've been called a satanist. i know my peers who don't personally know me are scared of me, but i've never been judged to my face. what do i say in these situations? i have a feeling this will happen again. i'm sorry this comment was so long. but i have no idea what to do. help?

-sami

Thalia said...

Ohmygods
Your hair is awesome!
It looks kind of like Ginny weasly has toned her hair Colour down .

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful hair color on you! My hair gets sunbleached that color (it's naturally black) during the summer, well, at least the tips of it. I always get it cut because my hair doesn't look good red (and all the lightening makes it dry). Looks beautiful on you, though!

VictorianAndroid said...

You look so cute with the red hair!! <3

Maeam said...

Agreed. DAMNIT, CLAIRE'S!

Niiiice hair color. You look great.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Hexotica is my favorite!!! I have one of her pieces, and cannot wait to collect more. I adore that cuff bracelet...

Love the new hair! It looks like great fun to do such a drastic change.

Serenity said...

OH MY GOTH I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!! You look so BEAUUUUTIFUL with red hair! It makes your eyes pop and your skin look so moonlight lily white and clear. You are absolutely gorgeous! Love the fascinators too, but oh mah gawth! :D <3!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...