THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Dominion's 'Secret History of Goth'

A while ago I posted a 'Goth gossip' tidbit regarding an ad I saw in Terrorizer/Dominion magazine for a project they were planning called The Secret History of Goth, Darkwave and Industrial. It was intended to be due out on September 22nd but I couldn't find it anywhere in the shops or on their website and e-mailed them to ask where it had gotten to. Since some of you have been asking about it, I thought I'd pass on the information I received.


Today I got a reply from Miranda at Dominion, who says, "Hello Amy and thank you for the email.

I share your disappointment, the project has been subject to an inordinate number of delays and production problems. I am working on a way of making the magazine generally available and please do feel free to contact me again if nothing has happened over the next 6 months.

If you don't mind, could I ask what 'goth' means to you? What bands do you enjoy and how did you get into the music?

If there's anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask."

So there you have it! I'm looking forward to seeing The Secret History at some stage in the future, and pleased that Miranda was kind enough to reply to my e-mail. :-)

7 comments:

Nina Blacks said...

Hello, i really love your blog and i want now if you have a tumblr or facebook for following because i not have a blog in blogger .
(Sorry for bad english i'm french).

ultimategothguide said...

Here you go: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003071282245

Thank you! :-)

Nina Blacks said...

Thank you (: , i added you

ThatShyGuy said...

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but what sort of material does Dominion contain? There are few (survivng) 'spooky magazines' on this side of the Atlantic. I'd rather ask before dropping 9.00 per issue (with back issues, about 72.00 total). Also, your site rawks! Believe it or not, you have several fans in the US! Thanks for your time and effort!

ultimategothguide said...

ShyGuy - the majority of my readers are in the US, which I find a little strange actually! But welcome :-D

Dominion on the whole is actually a great magazine; it covers mostly Goth but related genres as well like witch house and some Gothic metal, there are interviews, reviews and some great general info bits which is where I pick up some of my 'Goth gossip'. Oh, and posters! The only thing is, it's actually contained within occasional issues of Terroriser magazine instead of being a standalone zine in its own right, so it's not very long, and please do double check that the issues you buy contain Dominion because it's NOT in every issue of Terroriser (a mistake I made myself).

InfiltratorN7 said...

Ahh thanks for the explanation there about it being inside Terrorizer Amy. I'm going to try and keep an eye out then. Funny I was looking out for Terrorizer the other day to see if it still existed but could not find it anywhere. I thought maybe it was gone like other music magazines of old (e.g. Melody Maker - remember that?!). I'm glad I didn't miss the boat with The Secret History of Goth. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for it in the future. Did you know about five years ago NME did a goth special collectors magazine? They were doing different genre special magazines like a punk one and so on. The goth one had a drawing of Robert Smith on the cover and a gancy border. Thing is it was entirely focused on the first and second generation of goth bands and nothing more recent then The Mission! NME just didn't acknowledge that goth is still a thriving genre.

InfiltratorN7 said...

*fancy
not gancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...