THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 16 October 2011

The Goth Challenge, day 26

Show a photo for every year (or month if you're new) that you've been into Goth.

2007.
I got into Goth in mid-2006; unfortunately I don't have any pictures from back then. I do have a picture of me in my first GAWTH outfit taken in Feb 2007 (below); I bought this all from Camden Market in September 2006. I asked to go to Camden for my birthday so that I could buy some Goth boots - aww, bless.

The top picture is me borrowing a dress of my mum's that she asked for for Christmas 2006 - when I got into Goth, my mum figured she was a bit of a closet Gothling as well...


2008.
2008 was the year when things began to improve rapidly; I stopped wearing a Victorian-style coat with bondage pants and started learning about 'real' Goth music. I also started experimenting with DIY fashion although I definitely made my fair share of mistakes.
I also started wearing make-up at around this time because I was finally figuring out how to put it on properly... however this was the period of liquid eyeliner squiggly bits which segued neatly into 'panda with issues'-style eye make-up around summer 2008.

2009.
Still making a lot of fashion mistakes (I'm cringing looking back through my old photos - unflattering shirts, ghastly 'experimentational' outfits that I actually wore in public... you get the picture.) but things were looking up overall.

Well, mostly.

2010.
Getting there at last.

2011.
I took these pictures yesterday...

14 comments:

SaryWalrus said...

You look adorable in the last picture. Also, snhgnsfgfnskjbnsbfs, I love your vest/blazer!

† Nanna † said...

The first picture is the most beautiful of all! But I don't like much the 4th, it looks a bit vulgar.

ultimategothguide said...

Sary - Thrift store special ^^ In the unlikely event I ever don't want it any more you can have it, promise.

Julietslace said...

You look great with a full fringe :)

Kamyria Magdalena Mourn said...

The last three pics are the best, but I also love the first one. You're so cute!

Phells said...

Besides agreeing with everyone else on how lovely you look, the phrase "panda with issues" just made my day. ^^

Riskia said...

My favourite pictures are the 2010 one and the first of the 2011 ones. I really love your eye makeup in those two!

PS: You're very gorgeous in the first of the 2011 ones!

Just saying! ^,..,^

linnea-maria said...

What a lovely blouse your'e wearing in the last picture. I also loved the medeival outfit in the first picture, it suits you.

Phoenix said...

I love seeing people evolve ^^ You look adorable in that last photo! Your blouse is beautiful.

Maggie said...

Ah, the bare midriff... I guess everyone's been there at some point.
Love the final three pics. And you sure look good with crimped hair.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just noticed my hair looks a lot like yours does in the first picture. Same length and partline, and swooshy curl thing at the end.
I adore that dress as well... even if you were a babybat.

Angel of Darkness said...

Very nice! By the way, that necklace you're wearing in the second to last picture is the same one I have! :)

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Your first photo is so cute!!!!! I love 2010-2011 most, though. Grown-up and lovely!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Good lord, you are way too cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...