THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 13 October 2011

Happy Goth Chick Appreciation Day!

So the lovely folks over at Ill Will Press (home of Foamy the Squirrel) have declared October 13th to be Goth Chick Appreciation Day!


If the handy advice on the above flyer doesn't suffice, at News.Com.Au, Susanne Courier has some further helpful suggestions about how you can suitably appreciate any Goth chicks you may know: "This is an opportunity for people to give their darkly inclined friends a black rose or a bottle of absinthe to show them they're loved."

Yes, please.

This annual event is, according to Ill Will Press, a day meant to 'signify the value of Goth chicks everywhere and acknowledge their no-nonsense attitude and artistic sensibilities'.

If you're a Goth chick feeling in need of some appreciation, download the GCAD flyer over yonder and spread the word.

I'm sending virtual black roses and flocks of sparkly bats to my favourite Goth girls, including but NOT LIMITED TO Steph, Kitty, VictorianKitty, Sary, Teresa, Aisling, Danielle, Amy, Ashlee, BallerinaDark, Tenebris, Nina and Nox Artemis. <3
And here is a picture of a seriously awesome Goth chick. What's not to appreciate?
Source

P.S. How about a Goth Dude Appreciation Day?

14 comments:

Dalestair Ophelia Zodiac said...

Ultimate Appreciation for a Goth chick who runs Ultimate Goth Guide. :)

BallerinaDark said...

oh you're so sweet!Thank you! I'm so glad you appreciate me :D ♥ I have mad respect for you!


Lots of hugs and keep up the good work! ;)

by BallerinaDark


gothicdivinemagazine.blogspot.com

SaryWalrus said...

Aww! Happy Goth Chick appreciation day! :3

Kamyria Magdalena Mourn said...

Happy Goth Chick Appreciation Day to all the goth chicks on Blogger! :)

Mira said...

I wouldn't mind a few black roses! Maybe the dudes could get spiked rings? Eh, I'm sure they'd like the roses too!

The Gothic Gentleman said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish the ladies here a Happy Goth Chick Appreciation Day also and yes Mira this dude would like some black roses!

Maggie said...

Yay! I think I'll have a celebratory glass (or three) of wine tonight. Happy Goth Chick Appreciation Day to all of you!

Nightwind said...

Amy, I wish you a wonderful Goth Chic Appreciation Day! You and your blog are both valued by me. And to the other ladies here I offer you my best wishes for this day as well.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Happy Goth Chick Appreciation Day to you, too! You're one of my favorite Goth Blogging Sisters! :-D What I love about Goth chicks is that so many of them go deeper in their thinking than the average person. And the dark aesthetic is so lovely!

I do have to say, the logo for the event doesn't really express an acknowledgement of our "no-nonsense attitude and artistic sensibilities". It kinda expresses more of an acknowledgement of our boobs. :( This makes me a little sad. Shall we petition for a less sexually-objectifying logo next year? ;)

ultimategothguide said...

@ VK - It's Ill Will Press's character Germaine, so I'm not sure we'd get far with that petition... maybe worth a try though; they could at least cover her up a bit!

Rose VonDettes said...

Love this! x

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Ohhh, okay. I didn't realize that was an existing character. Makes more sense once you "get it" (I'm on the Ill Will Press site now getting in the know). :)

Tenebris In Lux said...

I knew about this, but boy this came up quickly! o_o

B'aww, really? I feel loved. ^^ Thanks for the mention, Amy. But it's nice to have a day reserved to all of us :-D We should work on a Goth Guy Day (or Alternative Dudes Day) or something rather like that.

Ashlee said...

Well, then, utmost appreciation on this Goth Chick Appreciation Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...