THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

News and updates: from blog to 'blogazine', and eBay

I just wanted to let you guys know what was going on with a couple of things that I have been talking about lately in case you thought I was losing the plot a little.

Firstly, I mentioned a while back that I was working on launching a magazine. This has hit a few snags, the main one being that I'm uncomfortable taking my focus away from the blog whilst it's going so well and that I'm uncertain about the idea of charging money for what, when it boils down to it, could very well be extremely similar content to what you are currently getting from this blog for free. I think for now I'd rather really focus on this blog and creating decent content without needing for either you or me to cough up cash. Also, there are already dozens and dozens of great Goth and alt magazines out there that are well worth the asking price.

Anyway, if Doe Deere can call her blog a 'blogazine', then so can I. So the magazine plan is going on the back burner for a while, sorry to disappoint anyone. Please bear in mind that I am always looking for guest posts and guest bloggers and am happy to consider relevant content from anyone, which since I never delete posts might be something to pop in your portfolio.

I'm also always looking for images to use, so if you are a model, photographer or artist (or just someone fabulously dressed with some good quality pictures) who would like your work to be featured on the blog with full credit, links and a short bio, please do get in touch.

Secondly, my oft-promised wardrobe clearance is finally going ahead, and a few bits and pieces are beginning to pop up on my eBay. (Only three items thus far, but I'm hoping to put more up every few days, so do please keep checking back.) For the most part these are quite basic items but they might be of interest to those of you who are starting to build a Goth wardrobe. Really I'm just mentioning them here in the hope that someone might buy my stuff for reasons other than fancy dress (it's a pet peeve of mine that whenever I put stuff on eBay or donate it to my shop, people buy it for 'Goth costumes').

You can find my eBay account over yonder.

Apologies for this not-very-interesting post, I just figured it was probably better to let you know what's going on!

14 comments:

Chloris said...

What about publishing an anthology of your site content? Like "The Best Of The Ultimate Goth Guide". I would definitely purchase a publication of your fabulous "goth style" summaries. You could beef up the articles with more pictures and input from Goths that ascribe to that style. Quotes, tips, tricks, inspirations, etc. That could be fun, and not as big a commitment as a monthly publication.

ultimategothguide said...

That is actually a pretty good idea! Ohmigosh, I need to go think about this! Thanks Chloris! <3

Riskia said...

I would certainly love to be a model someday. I am but a 15-year-old babybat and I live in Canada, so I don't have much interesting and dramatic outfits to show off, but I would immensely love to become a Goth model! Would any of that be a problem? :/

Thank you Amy! I love the idea! ^,..,^

Riskia said...

PS: If you desire any photos to judge my candidacy, just ask! I can model different outfits if you would like! But I believe you could use me as an example to budding babybats, not necessarily for older, more experienced Goths...

babybatdanielle said...

I know this might not sound like what you're after, but you could always work for a magazine (like I want to) and eventually you will get to a stage where in that career where you'll be able to write an article and maybe have your own special section! Well, whatever you do, good luck with it :-).

Danielle xo

Nightwind said...

I was at first excited about the prospect of a magazine. On the other hand, I wondered how you would pull it off, with your dedicating so much time to Ultimate Goth Guide. There's always a danger to over extending one's self; it's called burnout, and we'd all be worse off if that happened.

CNGB said...

I'm with Chloris. Although I probably wouldn't be able to buy your magazine now, the idea sounds epic, and I would probably be able to when the economy suddenly decides to go up and stay up.

Natasha said...

Putting the magazine on hold for a bit sounds like a good idea. I was excited for it, but like you said, focusing on your blog would make more sense. Over the next few months you'll definitely gain more followers too, which will increase your chance of the magazine being successful. And I treat your site like a magazine any way, I always come back to just have a nice relaxing flick through!

Mira said...

I'm not a professional model, but I did a dark fairy photoshoot a while back- if you were interested, I'd love to link some of the images.

Tenebris In Lux said...

I like your thought process there, Amy. Plus, it seems like I'm not the only broke person here xP

I always have a ton of photographs, so always email me (or I can email you) when you want some content. Let me know if you want to interview or just simply talk to me about anything, then I can see if I have any free days.

wishes.of.a.dead.worlds.child@gmail.com

Saphire Rainforest said...

Hi, Amy thanks for the update. I would live to submit some of my modeling pics over to your blog.

Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/SaphireRainforest
Please go check it out.. Do you have an email that you use for the blog like theultimategothguide@gmail.com or something. I'd love to do guest fan post about interesting things I've found in the subculture

ultimategothguide said...

For everyone above who'd like to submit pics/guest posts, the e-mail is ultimategothguide@hotmail.co.uk <3

Saphire - I'd LOVE to use some of your pics, and I'm always delighted to look at guest posts. :-) Thanks very much!

Tenebris - I have you down for my Darkside International interview set, so don't worry, you shan't escape me. ;-)

Mira - I'd be more than happy to take a look! You can leave a link here or e-mail me. :-)

Riskia - I tried to leave a comment on your blog the other day but comments still don't work right for me... anyway, loving the new hair! I'd love to see any pics you'd be happy to send. ^^

Thanks everyone for the support! <3

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

I would buy your magazine! Also, lol doe deere. Have I infected everyone?

You, by the way, hereby have all permission to use any of my images for any posts, although I can't imagine why you'd want to (it's not like there's a deficit of cats and sunshine on the internet. at least none I'm aware of).

InfiltratorN7 said...

Holding off on the magazine is probably a good idea. You don't to suffer burn out nor be affected by a poor economy. The economy is affecting the sales of mainstream magazine nevermind zines. My friends used to do a sci-fi zine but stopped to pursue other projects. They say they just can't compete with the internet now, people don't seem willing to pay for stuff like that when they can go on the internet and read fan sites, blogs, look at Deviantart, etc for free.

I'd still buy zines though. Could you do an article on goth magazines that are currently available with links? That would be useful if they are UK based ones. I'm not willing to pay for shipping from America just to get a magazine. The only UK-based goth magazines I've come across are Meltdown (which is now sadly gone), Unscene (which takes long breaks so I'm not sure what's going on with that at the moment) and Chronicles (which recently stopped running as well). I was introduced to all of these by Forbidden Planet but they don't stock any goth magazines anymore, nor do they have a goth comics section. Times have moved on and they're more interested in pushing Twighlight merchandise and bottles of TruBlood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...