THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, 14 October 2011

T-shirt makeover #2: Cut'n'paste

I realised today that since posting the first in a series of T-shirt makeover tutorials some months ago, I never actually got round to posting any more! Just to re-cap, these are a handful of tried-and-tested easy ways to make something new out of an old tee (or two). I also like to think up silly names for these tutorials, but that's because I'm way too chirpy and a little bit odd.

You will need:
A plain long-sleeved T-shirt (mine is from Marks & Spencer, or, to be more precise, pinched from my mum).
A pair of scissors
Fabric glue
A T-shirt with a pretty design or logo on it (this could be a handy way to re-vamp unflattering band or slogan tees for example).



1. Cut the cuffs off the sleeves on the long-sleeved tee. I cut mine to about three-quarter length but this is pretty much optional.

2. Cut out the picture/design you want on your T-shirt and glue it in place. Leave to dry.

3. Spread the sleeves out flat and cut horizontal lines down each sleeve, approximately one inch apart. Don't cut all the way through the sleeve, obviously.

Voila - done! Told you it was easy.

Goth gossip: As much as I hate to make a Rebecca Black reference, Sary posted this fab satire of the infamous Friday by none other than Amanda Palmer on her blog today... it's vaguely disturbing but makes me feel better about catching myself humming the tune earlier. (FYI, I don't hate Rebecca Black; loads of kids with varying levels of talent post their music videos on YouTube and I'm not sure what the big deal is. The lyrics make me laugh though.)

P.S. On an unrelated but Halloweeny note, this is what I had for dinner last night:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny you should post this cause I was just thinking: "When's she gonna post another one of those t-shirt makeover blogs?" Lol.
Nice job! Look forward to hearing more.
x (:

The Irish Phantom Cat said...

Very useful tutorial! I intend to do something similar to a Battlestar Galactica t-shirt I have that's giant and unflattering. I shall inevitably make a post on it! When I get around to getting supplies that is. I love these posts of yours, can't wait for the next tutorial!

linnea-maria said...

What a nice tip for an unflattering tee with a nice print. I will keep this in mind. My boyfriend use to give me his old band tshirts for cutting. Have a nice weekend.

L1F3TR3CK3R said...

*gasp* where could we find the Pumpkin and Chilli?!

Anonymous said...

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0702/wiccans.html
Check this stuff out;) lol

Tenebris In Lux said...

Pumpkin and chilli sounds .. oddly delightful at the moment o_o

So glad you have your new computer now! I missed your posts :-/

Maggie said...

Love the tutorial! I'm rubbish at DIY, but I think even I could manage this one :)
Also, the Tesco pumpkin soup is delicious, but I find New Covent Garden's Souper-Natural even better (plus, the carton is fab :))

Serenity said...

This is really cool! I think I'll try this with a black and white striped shirt, thank you. And I LOVE your hair in these photos!!! The straight bangs with the tousled hair looks awesome. I don't know if you meant for that to happen, but I love it! <3!

Gibson said...

I loooove your hair like that!

ultimategothguide said...

Glad my ten minutes of back-combing did not go unappreciated! ;-D

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Cute! I love what you've done with the t-shirt, it reminds me of some of the things I did to my clothes when I was younger. Love it!

Katie said...

These are good. I went thru all my clothes a while ago and slashed, chopped, and modified almost everything I had. When I shop for garments at the thrifts, my main goal is, "what can I do with it?" As a result I haven't got anything normal left for those unavoidable times when i am forced to tone it down. Ha! Great site, lady, you inspire me more than I can say.

Anonymous said...

New to-do list
1.Remake a t-shirt
2.Listen to Amanda Palmer's Friday parody

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...