THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, 28 October 2011

Vampire Fiction Timeline

Waterstones have produced something rather interesting for the spooky season. Our beloved book retailer (you can usually find me wedged between 'Graphic Novels', 'Horror' and 'Dark Fantasy') has compiled a vampire timeline to captivate the boys and ghouls (yes, it's time to pull all the cheesiest Halloween puns out from under the bed) over the Halloween weekend.

This is a fun way to present a helpful guide to vampire fiction down the years, beginning with Coleridge's poem Christabel, thought to be the first depiction of our favourite bloodsucking fiends in English literature right up until the new Morganville Vampires tome (Rachel Caine, highly recommended), due out this November 1st.

I challenge fellow vampire fans not to be tempted by something, anything, on this handy-dandy overview of the best of classic and modern vamp lit. You can also amuse yourself, as I am currently doing, by playing 'how many books on this list do I actually own?'. (Eight out of fifteen, not bad...)

Now, darklings, I have to go work on my Halloween costume a little more. Here it is, for you to play with (click on the image link):
Waterstone's Vampire Fiction Timeline

6 comments:

akumaxkami said...

Interesting. I'm not a huge fan of vampire literature, but I might check this out.

Mira said...

But how could they leave out Carmilla?

Ash said...

What, no post on this?!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/oct/24/goth-culture-research

;)

ultimategothguide said...

Ash - Check my newsfeed (SpookyWebs, top right). ;-) Do you think it deserves a full post? Hmm, I guess I should at least link it because it IS a good article. Makes a nice change from the Mail's rantings and ravings anyway! :-)

residentreject6 said...

I was scouring the bi-monthly comic book show that comes to my state's vast shelves and was overjoyed when I found "Interview With a Vampire" had been adapted into a 12 issue mini-series sometime in the early 90's. I only found the first three issues, but I plan on finding the rest of the issues online.

BabyBat said...

i was wondering if you could do some survival tips for babybats with strict parents? Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...