THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, 7 November 2011

1st birthday of the Goth Guide!

Ohmigosh, it's now been exactly a year since the Goth Guide on Blogger started spamming your newsfeeds with a daily(ish) dose of Goth! It seems to have gone by so fast, but let's have a quick recap of how it's gone so far.

Firstly, some stats:
Hits, November 2010: 1,411
Hits, October 2011: 192,345 (!!!)
Alltime hits: 948,188
Followers, as of today: 725
Posts: 439

My readership comes mostly from the United States (429,068 all-time pageviews), with my own United Kingdom coming in second with 144,746 views.
Canada: 50,466 views
Australia: 46,829 views
Germany: 31,454 views
Italy: 6,399 views
Netherlands: 4,822
Sweden: 4,456
Spain: 3,681
Denmark: 3,115 (I am of mixed English and Danish heritage, just FYI.)

Most popular posts:
An A-Z of Goth Names, 9453 pageviews
Styles of Goth fashion: Neo-Victorian Goth, 2326 pageviews
Guest post: Goth decor, 1899 pageviews
Styles of Goth fashion: Ethergoth, 1261 pageviews
Styles of Goth fashion: Perky Goth, 1081 pageviews

First ever post:
I'm taking my toys and moving to Blogspot...

In an entire year, I haven't yet completed my intentions to document all of the most well-known Goth fashion styles OR all of the many Goth, dark and Goth-friendly genres of music out there. Which just goes to show how enormous and wide-ranging this scene is. (You can look forward to more posts in both these series when I get my spreadsheet recovered from the wreck of my old computer.)

What's ahead for the next year? More Goth Guide, of course! I need to make good on my promise to provide more for the gentlemen (I'm planning a weekly post just for the guys so I need to knuckle down and get my male fashion savvy on, aaargh!), start working through my backlog of reader requests, and try and keep up with daily blogging as best I can.

Thanks again to everyone for all the support, comments, e-mails, and general awesomeness. Lots of love, hugs and sparkly bats especially to the Goth and More Blogging Community for being so darn FAB.

I hope you will all stick around for another year. ;-)

44 comments:

Duvessa said...

Happy Birthday to the blog! :D

Kamyria Magdalena Mourn said...

Happy 1st Birthday Ultimate Goth Guide!! It's been a pleasure to read so far and I'm expecting many more gothylicious posts! Keep them coming Amy! :)

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday, Ultimate Goth Guide! <3

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

Congratulations, and Happy Blog Birthday! :) Looking forward to what the next year will bring.

PS: WOO HOO to that outfit! Or at least what we can see of it. ;)

Admiral Barca said...

Yaaay! (I lurk here, btw, and used to occasionally comment by the name of "Zoe Alice" - finally got myself a blogger account :P) I fully intend sticking around, I have a tent and everything. And a kettle. No point setting up camp if you can't have tea! (Why yes, I am a walking British stereotype...)

linnea-maria said...

Happy birthday to you and your superb blog! It's interesting stats your'e presenting, I wonder were the other swedes that read your blog are (does it sounds that if I'm lonely, well I am).

lirit-arnauld said...

Congradulations! Good to see Canada as your third highest in followers :)

If those are the skeleton bone stockings from Claire's, I did the exact same thing. It's what we get for being on the tall side :p

BallerinaDark said...

Wow Happy Birthday!! :D Your blog is the best goth blog ever! ♥ I love it and wish you'll get even more success! :)




B-Dark

gothicdivinemagazine.blogspot.com

Under_The_Stairs said...

I think this is the first time I wished happy birthday to something other than a person,but whatever.Happy birthday goth guide!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Could you do a post about layers? Please.
Luv your blog! <3

Shadows Madame said...

congrats <3 your content is awesome, thanks for this blog, it has brought a lot of people together :)

LucretiaLevi said...

Happy Birthday from an austrian reader! I really look forward to your posts :)
(btw. you look damn sexy in this picture!)

Minakitty (Mary) said...

Congratulations on your first year. A colleague, whose idea of goth is "those kids in the mall", did not understand any of my explanations, so I sent her here. Hopefully she will now understand that we're far more multifaceted as a subculture. :)

Maggie said...

Happy birthday, keep on blogging!

Chloris said...

Happy birthday and congratulations on your success! May you have many more years of awesomeness ahead :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :D

I LOVE your hair, it's so pretty! :)

jessieann13 said...

Happy 1st Birthday! :)

Inmate 4 said...

Entirely off-topic, I know, but I recalled your interest in Victorian dress and thought I'd notify you of my friend's little business - she makes bustle bads, charming little hats, skirts and bloomers, and often upcycles clothes to give them a more Victorian/ steampunk feel. She'll also make a number of her items to order in one's size. http://www.gaia-noir.co.uk

LovleAnjel said...

Congratulations! I love reading this blog. Please keep it coming!

Anonymous said...

Eat as much Virtual Birthday cake until you explode. Happy Birthday UGG!

Nightwind said...

Congratulations to you for completing one full year of your wonderful blog. I'm very glad that I discovered it. You're doing a tremendous job!

ultimategothguide said...

Thanks everyone!!!!

Lirit-Arnauld - they are indeed! ;-)

Daniel_8964 said...

Have a gothly Happy Birthday Ultimate Goth Guide! ^,..,^

I view this blog everyday as my daily gothy newspaper and I hope to see more articles coming up in the near future, Amy.

Heartagram Lady ♥ said...

Congratulations, Amy! n_n

But hey, you forgot your faithful and loyal reader from Mexico :P

VictorianAndroid said...

Wow! Only a year?? So many good posts, thank you for all of them. Can't wait to see what comes of the next year.

Steampunk Jewelry Maker said...

Happy Birthday and keep up the good work, cool blog :)

Le Professeur Gothique said...

Aw, Happy Birthday and congratulations on a wonderful blog! This is quite an achievement in the blogosphere and you deserve a huge helping of HUZZAHS!!!

Big, huge hugs from NYC!!!

Dark Fantomzy said...

Happy birthday and congratulations, Amy! I absolutely love this blog and can't wait for more!

PS: You look so pretty in that photo! :)

akumaxkami said...

Awesome! Happy Birthday to your blog!

My Gothic Lolita one has been around for more than a year now but it's still pretty dead. v_v

Tante Fledermaus said...

:::confetti:::

Lolitadewdrop said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Your posts are awesome and fun, keep up the great work. :D

Spooky Vegan said...

A very happy anniversary to you and here's to many more years to come!

Cheers!

Snowhyte said...

Very happy to have found your blog! Happy birthday to the blog and thanks for creating it! I'm looking forward to the post upcoming in this next year :)

Angel of Darkness said...

How time flies... Happy B-Day Ultimate Goth Guide!!!! :D Can't wait to see what comes next.

Emily said...

Congratulations on the bloggiversary!

Long live Goth!!!

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ said...

+happy birthday+ ~(^_^)~

thanks for all ur posts that inspire me <3 <3

† Lamentful Miss † said...

Happy birthday to the blog! ^^
There's no other reader from Brazil, just me? Sad. ;...;'

I love the blog and I wish long life for it! ^^

With love bites, Nanna

Erebos said...

Happy Birthday from one of your Canadian readers! :)

Hoshii said...

Happy Birthday !

Your blog is really nice !

KatSlaughter said...

Congratulations =) You also have at least one reader from South Africa...

Regina Zee said...

Happy Birthday, Ultimate Goth Guide! Keep up the great work, Amy! :D

AislingChild said...

You're part Danish? I'm half Danish xD My dad's Danish, and I plan on moving to Denmark as soon as I can :)

Gabriel said...

Happy Birthday! Time really flies. I followed you with another account (eternitykidz) back in the day, but life sort of made me drift away. It's a real pleasure to see you celebrate a consistently prolific year of great posts.
Cheers!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Happy belated birthday! I tend to be a bit late to the party on commenting ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...