THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, 11 November 2011

The Devil in the Details: Goth pyjamas

Hello again darklings; apologies for my total lack of posting yesterday, I was extremely Not Well.

I was reminded of my promise to post about the small ways you can add a bit of spookiness to your life when the new Attitude Clothing catalogue popped into my postbox, featuring an all-in-one skeleton fleece sleep suit and a pair of fake-blood-splattered 'zombie killing' PJs.

Skeleton PJs by Too Fast
Source: Attitude Clothing
Now, don't laugh, but back in my day (yes, all of five years ago...) Goth PJs were, in my neck of the woods at least, somewhat difficult to come by, unless you spent £69 (yes, £69!) on Drac In A Box for some ghost-buttoned PJs. I was delighted to find my very own 'Every Night is Halloween' Strangeways pyjamas in a local alt shop, and have never seen them online before or since.

Those of you who live in the USA and have a Hot Topic in your vicinity may have had it slightly easier - from what I've seen online, Emily the Strange's nightwear range is quite fetching, although as far as I am aware it's only for the ladies. At least with all-in-one skelly suits appearing on the market, the gentlemen are getting a bit of a look-in as well.

Even mainstream stores have been known to get in on the act - my hot pink PJs with black bats are from none other than Topshop. And there's nothing wrong with picking up a plain black set (perhaps in satin?) or a nice black nightie, is there?

Ladies, if you're feeling a little, erm, saucy, Anne Summers do occasionally produce nightwear that might appeal, such as their 'Bondage Babe' printed cami sets (I somehow found myself in possession of the top half of such a set and am prone to wearing it as a T-shirt). Red, black, satin and lace obviously abound at Anne Summers and other such *adult* shops, so if you want something sexier, it could be worth a look.

Of course, not everybody wants a lace-trimmed scarlet nightie, or even a set of bat print PJs. Some may prefer a reproduction Victorian nightdress, and I'm sure there are plenty of you who just crash in an oversized band tee. You can also find vintage-inspired sleepwear at Fairy Goth Mother (just don't look at those prices...).

What about slippers? Well, you can get novelty slippers anywhere, with kitties, claws, skulls, or cameos on (I have owned all of the above) or just black'n'fluffy! Even Emily the Strange does slippers for the darkly inclined, or get your very own Jack Skellies at Attitude Clothing.

In short, you can now proudly display your Gothy tendencies 24/7 with very little difficulty... you lucky thing, you.

16 comments:

Clockwork Kitten said...

Great post! Hope that you're feeling better. ^.^

Cody said...

I have footie jammies with little skulls and snowflakes I got for xmas a while back, lol. Their very nice for nights when my typical band shirt and bat pj bottoms are too chilly.

Mad Vampire Poet said...

I have Jack Skellington pyjamas. And some other pairs obviously, but I don't like them so much. I need to comment more.
Signed,
The Mad Vampire Poet

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

Oh my, cameo slippers, where?

ultimategothguide said...

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve - a charity shop, unfortunately (brand new, still in packaging, but no label or brand name. Have been trying to find a pair online so I can give you a link but no luck as yet).

ultimategothguide said...

Aha! Found them! These are they: http://www.anne.flintmedia.co.uk/pearls_slippers_smal_385.htm

I had no idea they were by Lulu Guiness! Whoa, I have expensive slippers! o.O

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

Thank you! I was afraid it was going another ''do it yourself'' project to add to the list.

LovleAnjel said...

Oh, I want footie skelly PJs! I do most of my PJ shopping around Halloween. I'm in the US - Target and Old Navy usually have some pretty good pajama sets, bottoms and nightshirts for sale.

LovleAnjel said...

Oh, and to add - Disney has an online store that fills will Nightmare Before Christmas goodies during the autumn.

Maggie said...

I'm not really a PJs person, but I love the idea of gothy PJ designs!

Anonymous said...

at http://www.dollhousebettie.com/ you can find lovely lovely lovely vintage pajamas and nightgowns, some of them even at affordable prices, and some of them are authentically old stuff :3

Naomi said...

Thank you so much for this post! Ever since I've started to wear lolita I've been searching for some lolita worthy nightwear. And these Victorian cotton nighties are absolutely perfect and very reasonably priced. I can not thank you enough! *big hug*

Gothic Faerie Queen said...

I personally like to wear the knee-length nightgowns.

HalloweenQueen said...

i used to work in avideo game store so most of my nightwear consists of video game promo t-shirts, my fav is my glow in the dark little big planet one. BUT i have this thing about having to have p.j's at christmas and when my attitude catalogue hit the mat, it was around the same time my Grandfather uttered the words "what do you want for christmas?" so i have now sealed the deal on a purple stead clothing caridgan with black bats, and THESE VERY P.J'S PICTURED. i'm so excited!!. i'm such a childs. if you go onto the website you can see the back view too, they have what i affectionately call a "bum flap". like old fashioned Combination Undies.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you said that there were no goth beach towels?

Just found some by Sourpuss.
http://www.sourpussclothing.com/index.asp?cat=Bathroom&prod=VOODOO+COFFIN+BEACH+TOWEL&start=1

and

http://www.sourpussclothing.com/index.asp?cat=Bathroom&prod=BODY+PARTS+BEACH+TOWEL&start=1

Anonymous said...

this is my favorite store: deathfreshclothing

they sell Streetwear, Tattoo Clothing, and Punk Clothing. They got the following brands: Mexican Mob, King Kerosin , Sullen Clothing, OSOK, and many more!

http://www.deathfreshclothing.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...