THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

My everyday make-up: a tutorial

After looking at all the other make-up-wearing Goth lovelies, I've decided that I'd really like to expand my make-up repertoire and be a bit more creative; I have two or three basic looks that I tend to wear from day-to-day but would like to try something a bit more exciting. I thought that the best way to document my progress would be to post tutorials of all the successful looks I try; so I'm beginning at the beginning (where else?) with my go-to make-up look.

I've got this routine down to five minutes flat - it's very no-frills but I think it's cute. It also requires no make-up skills whatsoever - seriously, a llama could do it - so it might be a good jumping-off point for younger Goths who'd like to begin experimenting a bit with make-up.

I'd like to apologise for the very bad hair in this video - my hair is very fragile after all the bleaching so I don't like to comb it until it's dry, so it'll be wet and messy for the next few hours (overbleached porous hair takes an age to dry...).

The completed look
Step One: Base
Use a make-up sponge to apply a foundation up to two shades lighter than your skin tone; blend carefully. Use your ring finger to dab concealer onto any blemishes. If you are like me and haven't been getting enough sleep, use a small brush to dab reflective concealer onto your dark circles and blend very gently. Finish with a dusting of white or translucent powder.
Yes, I'm afraid that's me...
Step Two: Brows
Fill in your brows lightly with a pencil no more than two shades darker than your hair colour.
LOL
Step Three: Primer
Use the pad of your finger to apply nude/neutral eyeshadow base or primer to your whole eye area, including the lower lids.

Step Four: Shadow
Use a wide, flat brush to apply black eyeshadow over your entire upper lid in an arch shape up to the brow bone.

Use the tip of the brush to line the outer edge of your lower lid.

Step Five: Line
Use a black felt-tip or liquid liner (I use felt-tip because it's way easy) to line your entire upper lid, ending in a 'flick' at the outer corners. Apply two or three coats of black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

Step Six: Lips and Blush
For everyday wear I only use a flavoured lip balm. Seriously, I have hundreds of different flavours, it's a big thing with me! Today I'm wearing Shocking Raspberry from Marks & Spencer, it's heart-shaped!

Use a large round brush to apply a candy-pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and slightly upwards over your cheekbones.

Et voila! Done:

14 comments:

akumaxkami said...

That's lovely and very simple.

Audronasha The Countess said...

Those slightly red cheeks makes it perfect. Very nice and fresh look :)


Gothically yours

LucretiaLevi said...

You can also easily make this look more interesting by either using a lighter colour on your lid and / or the inner corner of your eye or by using a darker colour right in and slightly above the eyelid crease.
(however, this make-up style is easy and definitly suits you. And your fringe looks great!

ultimategothguide said...

LucretiaLevi - one of the other basic looks I do use is with white or light pink on the inner corner. ^^

Thank you! :-)

Daniel_8964 said...

Nice makeup tutorial and is really helpful, Amy. I'll might give this a try sometime :)

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

I love your makeup, mizamy. And as you know, I am a whore for blush. Goths need to be less scared of it, because it is amazing and fun.

Great hair, although I loved the ginger - which I will now refer to as The Weasley. I miss being blonde! (now I'm sort of a dusty rose colour)

CadhlaGee said...

I'm liking this makeup idea :) I'm excited to see your other makeup related posts!

Maggie said...

It's good to have a basic make-up routine developed for when you need to be ready in 5 minutes. I'm not a fan of make-up sponges (unhygienic, collecting and storing all the dead skin from your face, not to mention sucking in too much foundation), I'm more of a brush girl, but apart from that, my routine's pretty much like yours (plus a bold lip for work - yup, where I work, lipstick's a must).

Celeste said...

Very nice look. I'll have to try it once I can get my hands on some decent eyeliner and masscara. :)

LucretiaLevi said...

I hope I didn´t sound too smart-alec, cause this really wasn´t my intention. I just wanted to add that you could easily extend this look.

ultimategothguide said...

LucretiaLevi - not at all! Sorry if I made it come across that way, not my intention either.

Gothic Faerie Queen said...

I like how your hair looks. Also, of course, your make-up!

Thanks for the advice *hugs*

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

YAY MAKEUP!!!! Great post, I enjoy how simple and quick this is. I tend to get a bit carried away and then it takes FOREVER and then I'm running late for work (or the club) .....argh.

MoonfacedAsh said...

Very pretty and natural, sweets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...