THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, 19 December 2011

Top music picks for December

Long, long ago when I posted a handful of music videos for the Goth Challenge, a lot of you were quite enthusiastic and said it was a good way of discovering new bands. :-) I do try to be helpful whenever I can, so here's a taster of a few bands from assorted 'dark' genres that I'm loving at the moment.

Girl Anachronism by The Dresden Dolls. I delight in knowing all the words to this and singing along whenever possible.


Don't Mess With the S.S. by Raggedy Angry. Been a fan of these guys since I saw them supporting The Birthday Massacre.


Beloved Enemy by Jesus on Exstasy. I first heard this band on a free compilation CD with a magazine, which honestly is how I've discovered a large portion of the bands I'd die to see live.


Desire or Disease by Plastique Noir. I think everyone has a song that gives them the chills every time they hear it. Well, this is mine. Couldn't possibly love this any more.


Papillon by Editors. I don't know what it is that makes this song so great but I just adore it.

5 comments:

LucretiaLevi said...

"Papillon" is epic!

Nightwind said...

Thanks Amy! After you so graciously got me interested in Deva Destruction, you've managed to introduce me to more enjoyable bands. I especially liked Jesus On Extasy, and the Editor's "Papillon."

Since the latter is apparently, not supposed to be available in the U.S., I had to go to the YouTube site in order to watch the video. While there, I watched a segment from one of their live performances. I was a bit surprised to see that the crowd looked very mainstream and not Goth at all.

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

Love, love, love Amanda Palmer.

Toxic Tears said...

Heres my list of alternative christmas songs.:P

http://xtoxictears.tumblr.com/post/14361878602/alternative-christmas-songs

Mostly more on the metal side, but fun anyway.>w<

BallerinaDark said...

I love The Dresden Dolls !! :) "Modern Moonlight" is another song by The Dresden Dolls that I love!รน





gothicdivinemagazine.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...