THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, 9 January 2012

Black Forest Mori Girl

I found this description of a style unofficially named black forest mori girl floating around online and thought I would share it with you. I know that several of my readers are into the Japanese fashion mori girl, also known as forest girl, wherein the basic style concept is 'a girl who looks as though she lives in a forest'. Needless to say the look is natural, vintage-esque, romantic and somewhat ethereal, which probably explains its appeal to many Goths.

Source: Tumblr
To write this post I was brushing up on mori girl a little, and came across this article on Wikihow, which says, "Mori girl has developed not only as a style but as a lifestyle as well! Quirky girls who love vintage clothing, pocket watches, tea, moss or going snooping in grandma's attic will feel right at home in this style."

A long time ago, a reader commented somewhere on this blog that their personal style was something they had nicknamed 'mori Goth', which if I remember rightly consisted of the romantic, predominantly cream and white layers of mori girl-style clothing (preferably in natural fabrics, so I am told) with Gothy touches such as chunky cross necklaces, boots and black lace gloves! I think this sounds gorgeous!

It was also the first thing I thought of when I stumbled across black forest mori girl, triggering this entire post.

In her blog post about black forest mori, ShadyOaks wrote, "If a mori girl is a sheep, the black forest girl is the wolf. She and the romantic goth have many interests in common, the metaphysical and the macabre are as fascinating and beautiful a facet of nature as life and light. Rather than letting the “memento mori” idea get them down in the dumps, they allow it to let them appreciate living while respecting death. Humor about both is essential to them and the classic gothic motifs like bats, spiders, spiderwebs and crosses are cute and charming to them.

The black forest girl wears lots of black, dark blue, blood red and gray."
Source
Intrigued? There's more. Please click here to read the rest of ShadyOaks's post and check out the images she found to illustrate this style.

17 comments:

Abilene said...

I've never heard of this, but it sounds beautiful! *_*

Katherine :) said...

Sounds Wonderful :)

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

This is my usual go to look for the hot summers in Montreal. I never knew that the style had an actual name. I rather like it.

Kaitlyn said...

I definitely love Mori Girl, and this version is great!
H.Naoto GRAMM is H.Naoto's mori girl line, I think you would enjoy looking through the web shop. :)
http://kincs.ws/e-shop/shop/24

Sheridan said...

Just omg <3
Love allover here ^^

Amanda J said...

Surprised I've never heard of this, as I'm interested in a fair amount of J-culture, but wow - this is just beautiful. Thanks for posting!

VelvetBat said...

Wow, I know Mori girl for quite a while, but I have never thought about a black/gothy version of it. I love it! Might try it as well some day! ^_^

akumaxkami said...

This sounds intriguing. I always wanted to try out a "mori girl meets witch of the black forest" kind of look

gin said...

Going through and finding the description of what mori girls wear, I think this would be a good look for alternative ladies who love vintage but are in the stages of becoming a mother(pregnant) as the clothes look loose and comfy, but are still beautiful. At least that's what I think I'll go for if I ever decide to have children.

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

@gin; That's a fabulous idea!

@akumaxkami
''This sounds intriguing. I always wanted to try out a "mori girl meets witch of the black forest" kind of look''

That's what I love so much about it, the very wicca(ish)/ethereal feel it has is in perfect balance with fashion.

Ashes fall down said...

to me It is kind of like a ethereal meets mid summers night dream. Its very pretty

Jessie Aaker said...

I love Mori Girl! It's becoming one of my favorite fashions. :D

linnea-maria said...

It looks lovely! The description of the forest mori girl sounded a lot like me. I don't go to clubs to enjoy myself, I go to the forest.

Sal Kaye said...

The Black Forest Mori style really appeals to me. I love it!

Also I was very confused at first:
"The Black Forest" is an actual place in Germany and at first I thought your post was related to this region. ;)

There are traditional clothes worn in the Black Forest region which might be interesting for some of you. Pictures of traditional Black Forest costumes here:

http://www.frsw.de/fotos08feb/gutach-tracht10-080224.jpg

http://www.trachten-stg.de/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest

Miss Esther Romaine said...

I like it. It has a sort of Grimm's fairy tail feel to it. If I wasn't as lazy as I am this would probably be the style I would emulate most.

BabieDollie said...

Wow this style is really pretty :) I've never heard of it before now but I really like it <3

Kalmia said...

I'm Shady Oaks! a friend of mine on Tumblr said that dark mori was already getting hits on google and I had to look for myself...your blog came up!

This makes me really happy :D I'm just glad it resonates with other people and I can't wait to see more creative interpretations of the look!

you must be the reason I started getting so many notes on that post, haha ;D

(I'm gonna be devouring the rest of this site too, looks wonderful!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...