THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Filthy Victorians: up-do

Today's Victorian-inspired outfit was toned down for a wet and windy day at work - which, sadly, means no corsets or petticoats, but that will hardly be surprising to you who have followed my punktorian adventures thus far since I haven't even made it into a pair of bloomers just yet!

My main concession to Victoriana today was wearing my hair up; something I rarely do. However, I am apparently pathologically unable to accept a compliment and must remember that when my manager approves of my hairstyle the correct response is, "Why thank you," not, "Well, it was kind of necessary as I haven't combed my hair in several weeks because the left hand side of it has randomly congealed, I don't know what's wrong with it but it won't wash out... I'm thinking of getting dreadlocks," as that is far too much information for most people and results in a startled-blinking-fish-face from the compliment-giver.

Shirt: by VICTIM, out of a skip
Necklace: Claire's, £4
Jeans: Primark, £7
Belt: £25, some random alt store
Boots: Tesco, £19.99
Boot straps: found


Boots would be much more Victorian if I ever remembered to take the chains off...

7 comments:

Amanda J said...

I really like the hair! It's so much harder in winter to create a good look, some things are utterly impossible to wear in this odious weather, (always wanted to use that word!) but you've still managed to look really elegant. Good work!

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

You look great! I am loving your gradual transition into the Victorian persona. ;-D And you find the coolest stuff in skips (yes, I had to look that word up when I first started reading your blog - lol).

Dirgesinger said...

Lovely as always!:):)

Anonymous said...

Interesting transition, you look lovely. I would love to see you without bangs, you have a very pretty face! Well, I don't really like bangs, there's nothing wrong with yours xD

Julietslace said...

I love your updo :) I tried doing one myself and it worked...until the storms ruined it!

Photographer Leia said...

This is a nice outfit, and it at least has a bit of Vic. flair, even if you had to make concessions. You bit about the compliments made me laugh. I do that as well, and usually remember about 3/4 of the way into my explanation that I'm just supposed to say "thank you." So, I follow the explanation with "but thank you" and then I'm pretty sure the person is too traumatized to ever say a nice thing again.

Ghoulina Bones said...

I love your top! Such a nice brocade type print in black on black.

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...