THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, 2 January 2012

Filthy Victorians: Victorian make-up

All in all, a slightly better day two. Today I managed to pull together an outfit that, whilst certainly not accurately Victorian, could at least be termed Victorian-inspired (good enough for me... ;-)). I'm going out for dinner with my dad tonight, and whilst going out for a meal usually requires heavy make-up, I've risked trying something a bit lighter and more natural in keeping with Victorian stylings, namely this Victorian make-up tutorial from Mookychick.

Sadly I am a bit of a lazygoth, so instead of making my own rouge I used BeneFit's lip and cheek tint with a bit of pink blush over the top. I applied my foundation and white powder as usual to give me a nice even base and also applied a hint of chestnut eyeshadow and brown eyebrow pencil. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, although I feel very naked!

My outfit, with the exception of my boots, came entirely from charity shops. The skirt was originally a size 28, I just tightened the elastic at the waistband. The boots were £19.99 from Tesco.

Please excuse my horrible hair, it seems to be in the process of dreadlocking itself and I don't feel too inclined to argue with it.


10 comments:

Cadhla said...

Looking good Amy! I'm glad today is working better than yesterday.
And as for being a lazy goth...I have been in my black pjs all winter break :S

Amanda J said...

Looks great, I especially like the necklace (thought it was a cameo at first) I love how you find these amazing clothes in the most unlikely shops! I've unearthed a few treasures in charity shops as well, but I kind of suck at pulling a decent outfit together. Glad today went better for you than yesterday!

Katherine :) said...

Glad your day is better :)

Lolitadewdrop said...

I love your outfit, it looks very good. :) Your make up is also nice, subtle but pretty.

linnea-maria said...

Love your victorian inspired outfit! I think charity shops are perfect places to find affordable goth clothes in. I'm very happy when I find clothes older than 30 years.

The Irish Phantom Cat said...

Very pretty outfit, I love the shirt! I will have to go to my local charity shop soon, need some new stuffs!

GothPocket said...

*Jealous* you're so super pretty!

Miss Eva Morgan Reeve said...

You look lovely.

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezda's Preocupations said...

I really love this outfit. You can never go wrong with a fitted top and a long skirt.

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Neat makeup! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...