THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Goths Up Trees is causing a stir

There's a new blog causing much hilarity amongst Goths, perhaps you have heard of it or are already a reader? If not, you'll probably be hearing about it soon, because I'm not the only one talking about Goths Up Trees.

Based on the same tried-and-true formula as the masterpiece of Gothy humour that is Goths in Hot Weather - that is to say, take a Goth, stick them somewhere they look rather out of their element, snap a photo, and add a witty, slightly nonsensical commentary - Goths Up Trees has ended up going viral.

I'm not even exaggerating. I ran a quick Google search after spotting a piece on the Daily Mail's website (yes, even the DAILY MAIL has jumped on this black-clad bandwagon, more on this in just a sec) and there are articles about this Tumblr top hit on Refinery29, UpRoxx, The Gloss, Wire To The Ear, Tree Blogging (this is a thing?!), Lost At E Minor, The Frisky, Buzzfeed, Slacktory, The World's Best Ever, Ektopia, Side-Line, FREEWilliamsburg, Brock Out... to name but a few.

The Daily Mail's piece was, well, what you'd expect from the Fail, describing the act of taking photos of Goths in trees as a 'new social craze' and ends with their typical patronising comment about 'gloominess'.

My favourite thing about Goths Up Trees is that our commentator is a self-described Goth rather than an ex-Goth (Goths in Hot Weather), and therefore has a few insider-y comments to make about several of the photos.

I don't know about you, but I will be taking more pictures of myself up trees pronto, and submitting them at once.

Oh, why do I say *more* pictures of myself up trees, you ask? Probably because I already have these:



And from my babybat years:


15 comments:

Nightwind said...

It looks like you were ahead of the game Amy. You were up in the trees before it was even popular. That makes you a pioneer of sorts!

Tenebris In Lux said...

I took some tree photos before I knew about this. But I love the blog!

I might have to take more photos later ..

VictorianAndroid said...

That blog makes me so happy.

CNGB said...

I'm going to have to check this out. I'm glad that you posted this!

The Black Rabbit said...

That blog is great! I love the picture of the guy with the big sword (from Anadventureinfood); that's just epic. If I ever find a suitable tree I am definitely going to get some pictures of myself (and maybe my sister) to send in.

Daniel_8964 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel_8964 said...

Interesting post, Amy. You had some fun in the trees before it became largely popular. I never knew that blog before and the pictures are nicely detailed and striking.

Silver Snow said...

XD Funny that I read this, I was just taking some pictures to send to that website today! I didn't get any that I was happy with though...

I do think the website is a great idea though! I've always like climbing trees... ;D

KatSaw said...

Amusingly I was waiting for a friend to come out of class and decided to do so whilst in a tree (there were no seats around; it seemed logical) and someone took a photo of me. It was dead weird. Perhaps I will see myself after a few pages.

BlacKat said...

So how many of us now want to go out and take pictures of ourselves up trees to submit? I certainly do!

Katherine :) said...

Lol randomly found a picture of my cousin on there :P Did not expect that.

kali darklore said...

I kinda love 'goths up trees' I gotta admit.

Goth Up Trees said...

Thanks for the review. I'm really happy that there are goths with a sense of humour who 'get it'. I've had a few people tell me off for taking the piss out of goths but I'm a goth too, and most of the photos are submitted by the people In the photos! Oh well. :-)

Thanks again.

Under_The_Stairs said...

Think I'm gonna take some photos once I get my trench coat cleaned...Mwhahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Im loving that slipknot hoodie. ((goth or not, still a great metal band))
I think this will be fun for me because i love nature!!! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...