THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Outfit Post (with a nod to Filthy Victorians)

I decided that a more sensible thing to be doing with outfit posts is to put them together in batches and post them occasionally, instead of spamming my face all over this blog every day!

So without further ado, here are some outfits from last week, sparing you the days I spent in bed with a stonking cold (my voice sounds like Yoda at the moment, not even kidding) and the typical grab-first-clean-black-shirt-and-jeans-because-you-overslept-AGAIN day that I seem to have once a week minimum. XP

Work, followed by dinner with friends
I never have time to change after work so I try to come up with outfits that are warm, comfy, practical and pretty, which isn't always easy! However I liked this one. ^^


Oh, and look what came in the post! Abney Park's The Wrath of Fate! <3

Jumper: bootsale, 10p
Collar: Double Discount, £1 (I'm so classy)
Wristbands: £1.50 each, charity shop
Skirt: £3.30, charity shop
Tights: Marks and Spencers, I think...?
Flower: Primark sale, £1.50
Boots: Attitude Clothing, £150

Work and hot date


Blouse: charity shop, £4.75
Waistcoat: charity shop, £4.30
Skirt: Camden market, £20
Tights: as above
Boots: came out of a skip XD

Work again
Honestly, the amount of times I've been told I could never hold down a customer-facing role because of my piercings and attire... it's been almost two years now so I'd say I'm doing all right. ;-D


Blouse: charity shop, £1
Skirt: ...mooch sale, £20
Tights: Peacocks, £2
Boots: Peacocks sale, £20
Necklace: gift

Burns Night haggis spree and supermarket shop


I had two children and one nice lady tell me how much they liked this outfit. ^^ (I also saw a friend in Tesco who later commented on my 'peculiar' hat...) This was my nod to Filthy Victorians for the week!

Blouse: charity shop, £3.30
Hat: charity shop, £3.50
Waistcoat: as above
Necklace: Claire's, £5
Skirt: charity shop, £3.30
Boots: Tesco, £19.99
Bootstraps: found on a pair of shoes somebody was throwing away

Informal joint birthday party for Jodie and Bronwyn




Hat: £15, Abney Park.com
Top: £17, Jed Phoenix of London
Shorts: £26, Topshop
Tights: £4.99, New Look
Bullet belt: £35, Camden
Boots: £6, bootsale (I haggled!)

Today, work


Those marks are on the mirror by the way, not my jeans!

Hoodie: charity shop, £3.99
Belt: somewhere in Southampton, £25
Jeans: Primark, £10-ish
Boots: as above
Necklace: British Heart Foundation new goods range, £3.49

17 comments:

Fleš. said...

lovely outfits.
i really like the red skirt :3

Katherine :) said...

I want your filthy Victorians outfit!!! So much!!

GothPocket said...

I adore your outfits!

Alexandriaweb said...

The Tartan skirt is fab :)

Chloris said...

I love all these outfits so much, I can't even pick a favourite! I must say I LOVE the hat for the birthday party. So jaunty! Might need to git me one of those. I saw something similar at a vintage shop once, but it was $90 :(

And I don't mind seeing your face every day :)

linnea-maria said...

These are lovely outfits! You have developed your style in a very nice way, they fits you. Loved the grey, the second and filthy victorians most.

Under_The_Stairs said...

Ah,you have fabulous fashion sense.

akumaxkami said...

I love your style. Always so awesome!

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

Very well put together outfits. You look awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

I love your hat! Your outfits are always amazing! :)

Cassandra said...

In high school, my best friend and I had a favorite expression: dark whimsy. I think your first few outfits really captured that expression.

... Now that I think about it, the very fact that we *used* an expression like that probably should have been a clue that I had some goth tendencies. What can I say, I can be a little slow sometimes.

Cassandra said...

By the way, congratulations on your haggling achievement!

Maggie said...

Love the frilly skirts, especially the checkered one. I'm not a very feminine dresser, but if I was, I'd buy a few skirts like yours :) Oh, and the military hat is just up my street.

Jessie Aaker said...

I love the outfits! Especially the first and Victorian!

Natasha said...

You look really brilliant in the tartan skirt : )

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I DIE for your military-themed outfit, too cute! I want those tights really badly! The high-waisted plaid skirt is just fantastic as well. Great outfits!

pygospa said...

I normally don't do this, but: wow, you look totally awesome - and you seem to be an interesting person as well. Lucy to have found this blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...