THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Gothic guest houses

What with Goth clubs, Goth magazines, even knitted Goth boots for babies, it was probably only a matter of time before Goth hotels started springing up. Some of these hotels are run by Goths, mainly for Goths, and tricked out in the latest of dark home decor. Some are simply decorated in the finest Gothic tastes; well, they do say black goes with everything.

The most well-known Goth hotel is probably the Bats and Broomsticks bed and breakfast in Whitby, which entirely unsurprisingly caters most often for attendees of the Whitby Gothic Weekend, although I would suspect they are booked up well in advance. Bats and Broomsticks is entirely decorated in Victorian Gothic splendour.

Also in the UK there is the Chiroptera Gothic Guest House in Scarborough, also within sensible travel distance of Whitby. To judge from the gallery on their website, Chiroptera's decor is absolutely phenomenal, with a main colour scheme of black on black (and a hint of red).

(c) Chiroptera Gothic Guest House
Photo by Glen Campbell Purepic.co
Is that an amazing room or what?!
Those travelling abroad can also find themed hotels to suit the darkest of tastes. Whilst not specifically catering to a Gothic palette, the Night Hotel in New York is entirely decorated in monochrome with an 'urban Gothic' feel.

In Propeller Island City Lodge in Berlin, you can book the "Gruft" or 'coffin room' (that's room 31, by the way) in which you will find two coffins to sleep in. (Although there is also a conventional bed if you should get nervous...) This hotel may be of some interest to creative types anyway, as it is designed to be a work of art that you can live in.

The Witchery in Edinburgh is a restaurant with rooms available, located amongst a collection of ancient buildings in historic Old Town and close to the city's castle. It has eight gorgeously Gothic suites, decadently decorated and utterly flamboyant.

We all know that weird things happen in Las Vegas... and at Ron Decar's Las Vegas Hotel you can choose from a myriad of themed rooms. However I'd bet that 'Disco' and 'Gangster' would be less up your street than Gothic (featuring a bride-and-groom coffin bed, gargoyles, tombstones, and even a coffin-shaped bath tub) or Egyptian (filled with golden fabric, 'ancient' relics and heiroglyphs).

I'm now really wishing I could afford a holiday...

12 comments:

MindLess said...

You miss out on the german Gothic Hostel in Berlin:

http://www.letsbookhotel.com/en/germany/berlin/hotel/dark-hostel.aspx

I've been there and really liked it, but I can't find the official website. It's right across the street from K17, a famous goth and punk club in Berlin!

V said...

Aw I wanna go to one of these! They're gorgeous!

Nyteshade said...

:D I can't even find words to describe my happiness right now.

This is gonna be a busy summer...

Maeam said...

WHY do they almost ALWAYS have the best alternative stuff OVERSEAS?! Never in America, NOOO! UK, Europe and Asia! I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!

Eliza said...

Wow. Thanks for posting these. I am so in love with the Chiroptera Guest House I can't even stand it.

akumaxkami said...

That sounds so amazing! I wish something like that existed even within my state!

kakuidori said...

<- stares. such a hotel would for sure work good in leipzig XD

Daniel_8964 said...

I would go to the The Witchery hotel as I live closer to Edinburgh out of the rest in the list. If I won the lottery I probably would spend maybe two nights in a suite there, how good luxury would be then ^,..,^

Ms. Lou said...

I love the idea of a gothy hotel or bed and breakfast. It reminds me of how my friends and I joke about starting up a gothy seniors home for when we all get old. Lol.

InfiltratorN7 said...

Out of those themed rooms I like the Camelot, Egyptian and Gangster rooms best. The Camelot room is full of medieval castles, (erm not so) shining armour and fire breathing dragons. ^_^ The art in the Gangster room is particularly epic showing a 1930s Chicago mobster style (not hip hop which I was initially expecting it to be): http://www.alasvegashotel.com/images/rooms/gangster_main_big.jpg

InfiltratorN7 said...

* By themed rooms i mean the ones in the Las Vegas hotel.

App'y said...

What about your own homes ? Please take a look at my blog called Gothic Bathroom Mirror on my blog site App’y Talk. It is my wife work. Also not entirely Goth by very close one of my clients is moving house his house is on the web at http://search.knightfrank.com/har110028

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...