THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Grown-up Goth style resources

I received an email quite recently from a gentleman who would like to experiment more with Goth style but is concerned about looking as though he is trying to dress 'young'. I thought I would post some helpful links filled with inspiration and advice for adult Goths and those interested in dabbling in dark culture alike.

I am a huge fan of the Morbid Fashion blog run by the lovely Zellain. Zellain's take on Goth style is modern, elegant and a little bit futuristic for fashion-conscious adult Goths who stash their Vogues next to their Gothic Beautys. The Morbid Fashion website (morbidfashion.net) is due to relaunch in March but in the meantime you can whet your appetite with its sister Tumblr, here.

Sinister Sartorialist is another fashion-oriented Tumblr run by a gentleman with an impeccably decadent sense of style. (This may be of help also to those of you bemoaning the lack of Goth fashion resources for gents.)

I'm sure you are already aware of my fellow blogspot users Sophistique Noir and This is CorpGoth? VictorianKitty and Trystan use their respective blogs to document their daily adventures in Goth style, whether it be office wear with darker stylings or clubwear for the adult Goth.

Hexotica is another grown-up Goth blogger whose style is spot-on, featuring dark cabaret and vintage stylings and stunning use of colour.

Haute Macabre's tagline is 'because it wasn't just a phase', and they feature such luminaries of the Gothic world as Zoetica Ebb and Clint Catalyst as staff writers (whose personal websites are also worth checking out for your fix of dark style). There's also the Haute Macabre Tumblr.

Donna Karan A/W
Souce: Haute Macabre
In a similar vein is Coilhouse, a magazine and blog dedicated to alternative culture, everything from art to technology and all that lies between.

You might also enjoy Auxiliary Magazine, a personal favourite of mine with some really sumptuous editorials.

Have fun with all the links! I hope you enjoy all these blogs as much as I do! :3

9 comments:

Nightwind said...

As an older person I manage to get away with dressing kind of young. It's just me and it comes naturally. People seem to accept it. I generally stick with jeans, T-shirts and a black leather jacket or trench coat for casual everyday dress, depending upon the weather. I often add an unobtrusive studded bracelet and one of several necklaces to accentuate my style.

I have to admit that I would probably look silly if I suddenly started mimicking the styles of younger Goth guys.

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

Cupcake on Crack - if you want a proper, real waist trainer, C&S are the way to go. Expensive, not overly so however and SO SO worth it from what I've heard. http://www.candsconstructions.com/indexf.htm They help you pick out the design too.

As for the post: I don't have this problem, i'm 90 on the inside.

Cupcake.on.Crack said...

Thank you Kitty!

I accidentally deleted my response. This really helped. :)

Justinerawr said...

Love your blog! I just followed you. I recently started my own blog and would love some feedback or maybe even a follow. Thanks so much, and keep up the great work!
Justinerawrmakeup.blogspot.com

Justinerawr,xo

Anonymous said...

Do you have any ideas as to Gothic pants one could wear? I do wear tights with leggings underneath in the winter and such; or if I have a floor-length Victorian dress perhaps I will wear warm pants underneath. But do you have any other ideas of pants that are warm and can look Gothy? Thank you~!

Alexandriaweb said...

You don't have to grow up though, screw social pressure, wear what you like.
I am a big fan of Haute Macarbe too though :)

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

Great post! There are some excellent links here!

Fashions Streets said...

Hello! I loved this post, because I'm goth since I was 14, now I have 20 and one of the things that I love is fashion, I do that and I've grown a lot thanks to my profession. So I look for looks that inspire me and so I like to dress without looking like I have 14 years back, I would define as "gothic chic" strongly magazine, but it is much.
So I created a tumblr expressing this is called Fashion Black Clothes!
http://fashionblackclothes.tumblr.com/
Hope you like :)

Keep it going with the blog!
Sorry for my English, is very bad x)
Kisses from Argentina!
Flor.!

plustights.co.uk said...

hoh, nice selection of Gothic stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...