Almost caught up with the BatFit challenges now! The fifth challenge is entitled 'Brag-Fest', and is exactly that. In the words of Le Professeur Gothique: "For the next two weeks we will be having a BRAG-FEST! Yup, in the spirit of the ancient Celts we will raise our tankards in a toast to ourselves and all that we do! We will stand up and say, "I am awesome at xyz!" "I successfully accomplished xyz and I'm damned proud of myself!" Your challenge, if you chose to accept it, is to blog about, comment here about, or talk about with your loved ones those accomplishments that you are most proud; what makes you special; and what you love about yourself, etc. Everyday for two weeks you will celebrate YOURSELF. Pop the cork on the champagne and raise the glass high, for you are awesome."
...oh. I just sat staring at the screen for ten minutes there. This is harder than I thought! OK, let's do this:
- I am good at prolific blogging and journaling. We are always told that to be writers we have to write every day. I got that in the bag!
- I make time to help my friends. Just this week I let my trainee hairdresser chum attack my locks in the name of friendship (actually a deep conditioning treatment and a trim, very pleased with the results).
- I learn things quickly; I can now handle all the Saturday paperwork we have to take care of in the shop.
- Despite leaving school early due to my safety being at risk (and therefore not being able to get into college since I had no GCSEs) I continued my education on my own with correspondence courses and managed to get respectable employment at a time when unemployment in my country is at an all time low.
- I rarely cook but the results are always excellent. If I do say so myself.