THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 8 March 2012

Bat Fit 2012: Challenge Five

Almost caught up with the BatFit challenges now! The fifth challenge is entitled 'Brag-Fest', and is exactly that. In the words of Le Professeur Gothique: "For the next two weeks we will be having a BRAG-FEST! Yup, in the spirit of the ancient Celts we will raise our tankards in a toast to ourselves and all that we do! We will stand up and say, "I am awesome at xyz!" "I successfully accomplished xyz and I'm damned proud of myself!" Your challenge, if you chose to accept it, is to blog about, comment here about, or talk about with your loved ones those accomplishments that you are most proud; what makes you special; and what you love about yourself, etc. Everyday for two weeks you will celebrate YOURSELF. Pop the cork on the champagne and raise the glass high, for you are awesome."

OK, this is quite a difficult challenge. I like to think I'm quite good at giving myself a pat on the back when one is deserved but to do so publicly is a slightly different matter! But here goes...

Um...


...oh. I just sat staring at the screen for ten minutes there. This is harder than I thought! OK, let's do this:
  • I am good at prolific blogging and journaling. We are always told that to be writers we have to write every day. I got that in the bag!
  • I make time to help my friends. Just this week I let my trainee hairdresser chum attack my locks in the name of friendship (actually a deep conditioning treatment and a trim, very pleased with the results).
  • I learn things quickly; I can now handle all the Saturday paperwork we have to take care of in the shop.
  • Despite leaving school early due to my safety being at risk (and therefore not being able to get into college since I had no GCSEs) I continued my education on my own with correspondence courses and managed to get respectable employment at a time when unemployment in my country is at an all time low.
  • I rarely cook but the results are always excellent. If I do say so myself.
Aargh. That took half an hour! Well, that was my token brag, to save bragging you all to death I will continue the bragfest in my personal journal. >.< Hope you guys have plenty to brag about today!

6 comments:

KatSaw said...

Hey there!

I just wanted to say THANKS for your follow on Tumblr. I feel most loved. I need to mangle my tumblr settings and then I'll be sure to watch you back. Yay.

PS: to put all I wanted to say into one comment for ease and convenience; I am glad you managed to come to an agreement with your style in relation to who you are. Congratulations, and I am most looking forward to seeing how it influences the blog.

Bored_Homeschooler said...

Ugh,I've yet to do this challenge. Trust me,I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff as well! I'm really uncomfortable with dedicating a whole post just to brag on myself.

Tenebris In Lux said...

This was far by the hardest challenge yet. But it's cool to see that you did it! It took me forever to get started as well, and then the positive feelings started to flow. Feels good, doesn't it?

I guess this is a good place to start for a better mindset, after all. We could spend our whole lives praising others, but what about ourselves?

Le Professeur Gothique said...

Heads up: I just nominated you for a blogging award! Go to my blog to check it out.

JustanotherSceneBabe said...

Dear Amy,
Hi, this is kinda irrelevant but I didn't know where else to post my question. I hope you see this....
I'm going to a wedding on the 20th April and I'm goth. I enjoy wearing Gothic clothes (from all branches of Goth) and would like to wear something Gothic on the day. Despite my parents (i'm 12 by the way) giving me a bit of freedom to chose what i want (i'm allowed to wear black), I still can't find anything to wear that fits the criteria...I was wondering if you have any suggestions.
thanks in advance
from Rachael
P.S. If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know...i'm in a bit of a pickle!

Amy Asphodel said...

Hi Rachael,
From personal experience I'd recommend looking in charity shops/thrift stores for cocktail-style dresses; they're often black and tend to be of a sensible length and often have pretty lacy details that are appropriate for a wedding and give a nod to your Gothy side. If you'd rather buy something new, how about something like one of these:
http://www.the-gothic-shop.co.uk/cherrie-dress-with-hell-bunny-cherrybunnies-p-3222.html
http://www.the-gothic-shop.co.uk/night-strapless-purple-halloween-dress-folter-p-3793.html
http://www.the-gothic-shop.co.uk/brocade-knee-length-dress-p-3857.html
All of these are wedding-appropriate and might give you some ideas! For headgear, there are plenty of pretty fascinators and mini-hats here:
http://www.the-gothic-shop.co.uk/gothic-hair-accessories-c-85.html

Let me know if this is helpful at all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...