Welcome to my first ever attempt at Things I Love Thursday, or T.I.L.T.! I've seen this on many blogs I enjoy and feels like a nice, positive way to start the day (yes, I just got up) so I thought I'd have a bash at it. :-) Gala Darling says, "I would LOVE for you to try writing a gratitude list to see how it helps you & changes your perspective. I know it sounds too simple to ever work, but it really does; it totally alters your mindset. In fact, the more you train your brain to focus on the good things, the better it becomes at looking for those positive things, & this is a way in which you can learn optimism!"
- I love that, although my life didn't turn out the way I planned (college, then uni, then being a rich and famous author before I was twenty-five - ha!), it has worked out exactly fine, as though the pieces just fell into place anyway. I have a group of friends that I love wholeheartedly who never cease to make me smile; a boyfriend whom I utterly adore (and we are approaching our eight-year anniversary, holy batcrap!); and a family who offer endless support and guidance. I have a job that I enjoy, a roof over my head, and a slightly grouchy cat. It may not be everyone's idea of perfect but it works just fine for me.
- Shopping! This week's buys include a new leather jacket, wide-brimmed floppy hat, a metallic pink handbag, some books, and a pair of aviator sunglasses. I will get rid of some of my old stuff... eventually.
- Spring is on the way. I'm generally not a fan of spring fashion and it's not my favourite season but this year there is something so uplifting about sunnier days, bluer skies and bikinis popping up in all the high street stores. I'm longing for warmer weather and it feels like it's almost here! Time to start stocking up on suncream!
- Mysterious packages from fellow bloggers. I recently had a parcel in the post from none other than Kitty Lovett... photos coming soon! I love that our blogging community is ever-growing and pretty tight-knit (most our Aussie Goth bloggers go partying together now) and that there's always someone to offer advice, have a laugh or just chat about random stuff...
- Spending time with my dad. Dad and I now hang out usually twice a week; Saturday lunchtimes he meets me from work and we go to a local cafe for fry-ups and a chat, and on Monday nights we go out to dinner and then back to his house, where we slob on the sofa, drink tea with too much sugar and watch Have I Got News For You, QI, Mock The Week, A Question of Sport and Never Mind The Buzzcocks. (I also rummage through his piles of eBay stock for new shoes, natch.) My dad is pretty awesome.
|Eternally greatful for my awesome friends (wayyy old pic!)|
(Front to back: Spice (sadly passed away); Jena; Jodie; Vincent; Lucy; me; Dan.)