THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 26 April 2012

Things I Love Thursday: of tea and zombies

  1. The blogging community. I know I go on about this all the time but the friends I've made here are so awesome, they are really lovely people and I wish we could all get together for a big crazy tea party. I love that I have finally been getting to meet some of you; you are all amazing and I adore you. I've shared support, secrets, and really inappropriate conversations with you guys and some of you I've known for, wow, the better part of a decade now. Thank you for always being there, you are wonderful. <3
  2. Luck! OK, I'm not sure if I actually believe in the concept of luck, but henceforth April 2012 shall be known as Lucky April. I went to see Emilie Autumn with some lovely friends and stayed in a stunning hotel. I scored tickets to see The Cure at Reading Festival and then found a stash of leftover birthday money that allowed me to actually pay for them. I got a pay rise too! Sure, there have been a few downsides this month, but on the whole it's been pretty great. Weirdly great, actually.
  3. Zombies. I don't know how it came about this month, but suddenly there are zombie-themed things all over the place. I'm really not complaining about this. In fact, this week I'm settling in to watch some truly awful zombie movies and have scheduled in a zombie-killing session on the PS3 with my good chum Bronners on Friday.
  4. Tea. Perhaps I am too English for my own good? I don't know. But I really love tea. (Just FYI: I take mine milky and with at least two sugars.) There is hardly any situation I have ever found myself in that cannot be improved with a cup of tea. Plus, I am that terrible stereotype, who, whenever faced with the distress of others, goes to put the kettle on.
  5. Clearing out. I never, ever thought I would enjoy tidying, but apparently there actually comes a stage when you have just. so. much. stuff that you can't function properly. Being in my own room was borderline uncomfortable because there was just physically so much stuff everywhere. And forget being able to get dressed in the morning. So far I have cleared out a good half of my clothes, and am intending now to redecorate completely (as I mentioned last week) since my walls are grubby and have holes in where I pulled posters down. It feels great to have room to breathe again!

7 comments:

Bored_Homeschooler said...

Oh my god,it's already Thursday?!..I really need to get better at keeping track of the time.

Nightwind said...

If I ever make it to your country I'd be very happy to have tea with you and the others. I belong to a tea society here, which meets once a month, and it's really a delightful time. If you ever come to Northwest Arkansas, USA let me know and I'll reserve a special place for you at our tea table.

Between seeing Emilie Autumn and obtaining tickets to The Cure, you have had a lucky April indeed.

Amy Asphodel said...

Bored_Homeschooler - as much as I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it is indeed Thursday...

Nightwind - oh, I will, I promise! :-D

TheHalloweenLadybug said...

Zombies and tea! Of course, when faced with a zombie apocalypse, the first thing any sane person would do would be to put the kettle on! ^-^

Phoenix said...

Milky sweet tea is the best. TEA FIXES EVERYTHIIING.

Ms. Lou said...

My mother is English and I take after her with tea as well. Tea makes everything better! :)

Joanna said...

When I was in middle school I had a friend who was English. Whenever I went to his house we would always have sweet milky tea. I fell in love and have it almost everyday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...