THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, 26 May 2012

30 Day Clothing Challenge: Day 1

Being the clothes-obsessed, shopping-addicted creature that I am, I thought it might be fun to do the 30 Day Clothing Challenge. As I'm sure you've already guessed, this challenge consists of a daily post with a photo of each of the following things:

  1. Your closet.
  2. Your favourite shirt.
  3. A piece of clothing or jewelry that was a gift
  4. A shirt that you haven’t worn yet.
  5. Your favourite pair of jeans.
  6. A pair of pants that aren’t jeans.
  7. A cute outfit of yours.
  8. Your most expensive article of clothing.
  9. A cute dress/ skirt.
  10. An outfit you wore on a special day.
  11. A piece of jewelry that a Grandparent gave you.
  12. A piece of jewelry that everyone complements you on.
  13. An outfit you wish you had.
  14. Cute socks.
  15. Your newest purchase.
  16. You and someone wearing matching clothes.
  17. An article of clothing that you made or altered.
  18. A piece of jewelry that you made.
  19. All your earrings, rings, necklaces and/or bracelets.
  20. Your jewelry box.
  21. Something that you only wear around the house.
  22. Something you only wear in the summer.
  23. An article of clothing/ accessory that you consider lucky.
  24. Your favourite pair of shoes.
  25. Shoes you love but hardly wear.
  26. A mismatched outfit that you’d never wear (go wild: earrings, belts, crazy skirts etc).
  27. A hat.
  28. An outfit you are ashamed to say you wore.
  29. Something that is your favourite brand.
  30. Something from your favourite store.

I also thought that since this is a fashion challenge it might be apropos to post daily outfits for the duration. This is probably supposed to start on the first day of the month but let's face it, nobody around here is organised. Well, maybe you are. But I'm not. >.<

So for day one: my wardrobe. Well, this is actually one of my wardrobes, as I have several... This is the one that holds corsets (in a box), petticoats, poofy skirts, dresses, scarves, hats, parasols and *ahem* intimates.
Yeah... needs reorganising. Slightly.

I also have a wardrobe (and two coat racks) for coats, jackets and bags, a wardrobe for tops and T-shirts, and a chest of drawers into which I squish anything that folds. I did also used to have piles and piles of stuff all over the floor but I'm getting a bit tidier now that I have slightly less stuff. In fact, my mission for this evening is to sort out some MORE stuff to donate to charity and swap with friends on Facebook.

As for my outfit today - well, hey, I got Lookbook, so you can have a smart, snazzy picture!


     
     

    But I'm just learning how to use it, so I didn't get my face in there! Here's a full length shot:

    16 comments:

    Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

    This is a great challenge, I may have to participate too.
    Very jealous of your closet. ;)

    Emm said...

    Can't wait to see more updates from the challenge! I love your outfit too, by the way =^-^=

    theEmocarebear said...

    Yay!

    A new challenge (I just started The Goth Challenge by Juliet's Lace)!

    I will be participating in this one as soon as I finish The Goth Challenge. (=

    BellaDonna said...

    I LOVE this challenge! I know there are at least two things I won't be able to do, but perhaps I can fudge on those.

    And I'm also jealous of your closet, and of that skirt! ;-)

    Raven said...

    Just for fun, do any of you want to play Cliché Bingo at 'Life from a Babybat's Point of Veiw? It will help me prove a point that GOOD cliches exist for a reason. Be Warned, slight rant at the begining of the post.
    its at
    http://thegothsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/cliche-bingo-and-slight-rant.html
    C U there! xxx
    P.S. Amy, i think you would score reasonably high ;-D xxx

    TanteFledermaus said...

    If I did this challenge, it would be beyond depressing.

    Tenebris In Lux said...

    This is a pretty fun challenge. I participated in it awhile ago. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

    And a note on the LookBook pictures. The first one and second one looks amazing, but I would rather you make the whole picture blurry than just certain parts (I'm talking about the first one). In any more sophisticated "photo manipulation" program like GIMP or Photoshop, you can make the "blur" tool softer or harder (in this case softer). I understand that you wanted to bring focus to some parts of the photograph -- I've done this too -- but sometimes it looks a little odd if you go a little crazy with a harder blur tool on certain spots. This is only my opinion -- you can ignore my babble :-P

    Amy Asphodel said...

    @ Tenebris - I used a focus blur tool on Lookbook and wasn't really sure what I was doing with it...

    Ria said...

    I envy you for the amount of wardrobe space - some departments of mine are always on the boarder of burying me as soon as I open the door.
    Where do you get your petticoats?
    All I find online seem to be made of scratchy tights-killer tulle.
    (In case of double post please kill one... Googlemail is acting up)

    Amy Asphodel said...

    @ Ria - I get mine from this shop: http://www.moochstore.co.uk/ but it doesn't look like they have them on the website. They are Hell Bunny though so you can probably get them anywhere.

    Ria said...

    Thx, I might give it a try =3

    VelvetBat said...

    Sounds like a great challenge!
    I am looking forward to see your entries, and I might take the challenge myself as well! ^^

    Ms. Lou said...

    I might try this challenge out!

    Rainy said...

    I personally find it nicer to have a walk-in closet. Is the U.S. the only place that has closets? Or maybe North America? Hmm...

    Amy Asphodel said...

    Rainy - LOL, in the UK (or at least my part of it) a walk-in closet is a luxury for rich people because the houses just aren't big enough...

    Mysteria Violent said...

    Good challenge! I want to take part in it too:) well, but i'm a lazy ass..so updates will be slow too =D

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...