THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 13 May 2012

Ad break

Hello everyone; apologies for the unexpected hiatus, I decided it was time for an emergency internet diet. I haven't even been on Facebook for the last fortnight, and by gawd it was good. I did, however, managed to get into a car crash (I wasn't driving... no injuries involved at all) and have a lot of overtime at work, so it was by no means what you could call a lazy fortnight.

I do intend to swing back into action once I've got a few articles knocked together... in the meantime, please enjoy the latest in slightly bizarre TV ads from UK insurance company Aviva. Every time any TV show, news programme, magazine or advert features someone even slightly scary and black-clad, I get texts, e-mails and phone calls from friends and family determined to bring it to my attention... which I guess is sweet. My mum spotted one of these on telly the other night and made me look it up on YouTube, and I discovered there was a series of them (OK, two...).

Only, I'm really not sure what the relevance of making Paul Whitehouse doll up in eyeliner actually is. Never mind.





Oh, and remember Julia Wood? She also gets her own Aviva advert...

13 comments:

Kitty Lovett; The Unadulterated Cat said...

Those are the best ads I have ever seen.

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

Good for you for taking a break from fb. I really need to do the same.
Sorry to hear about your accident.
:(

Phoenix said...

I looove going on internet/FB hiatuses, it's so bloody nice. Very calming. Those ads are weird but kinda cute! Hope you're okay after the crash Amy x

Rainy said...

I have to ask; do you talk with the accent? You probably don't even consider it an accent, actually. I was supposed to visit friends in the UK some years ago, but I mostly want to see if they talk with the accent now ^^ They only moved there maybe 5 years ago.

Raven said...

Something really fun to do is search 'funny goth ads' on youtube. Look for the car one, and i heard the 'Goth Kleenex' was actually aired on tv! there are some pretty funny ones.
these should get you started
XO customer service goth ad. Love the guy hanging from the ceiling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOTxhyOM30g
Goth kia ad. that old dude...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=HjiKv4A-7OY&NR=1
Goth Kodak Ad. i want this girl to do my photography homework:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4oCGjy9MeU
all URL's exist at time of posting.

Abigail said...

Absolutely marvellous advert!! *hahahaha* :DDD Why we do not have such stuff in Germany?

Katherine :) said...

Lol I know right. Whenever the goth adverts come on my mum and dad are like "Oh my god! Look, Katherine, look!"

Alexandriaweb said...

So glad it wasn't a bad crash, glad you're ok.
I really like the Aviva adverts mostly because they didn't go OTT and fill them with cheese.

Daniel_8964 said...

The adverts were pretty good and I'm glad your okay after that accident. :)

Sir Spooky said...

Perhaps you can do a post about this? Help LeahMouse!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceoJeNLQO4&list=UUHI8bA-hmMxzeALRou6ej1A&index=1&feature=plcp

Amy Asphodel said...

Raven - I think the Irn Bru one will forever be my favourite... ;-D

Rainy - I do indeed talk with an accent (Southern English as opposed to Northern English to be very precise). I keep threatening to post an accent challenge video but haven't got around to it yet. >.<

Sarah Silence said...

awwww, he's cute!

Louise said...

My Mum, who works for Aviva, pretty much forced me on pain on death to watch these adverts. She even went hunting around the net for the second one which wasn't on YouTube at that point. Apparently it reminds her of me. :x

I felt genuine sadness when the little statue got decapitated. I worry myself sometimes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...