THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, 18 May 2012

May linksplosion!


I'm sure you all know how this works by now. First, seven great posts that I found amidst the blogosphere this month:
  1. Let's start, as usual, with a post from Darling Violetta. This is actually an old post; I have a whole bunch of her musings added to my favourites bar so it might take me a while to work through them. This one is entitled The Hazing of Teenagers, and if I may quote, "I've seen people who are far too old to be acting so juvenile go out of their way to make it known to a thirteen year old that they are, in fact, "DOINGITWRONG!" and "NOTAGOTH"." I agree with Darling Violetta in that some of the ridiculous behaviour from older, more 'established' followers of dark culture can, and does, border on bullying. There are some interesting comments on the post too.
  2. The HouseCat does it again with a fabulous and thought-provoking post on Goth, Subcultures and Conformity. I was going to share a quote from this article but couldn't choose just a sentence or two.
  3. Thank you, thank you, Juliet's Lace, for the ever-apt post, Reasons Why You Hate Your Wardrobe.
  4. A lovely post from Tea For Thirteen, entitled Goth Things That AREN'T For Me.
  5. Some of you may have already seen this video on Tumblr, but the Goth Girl of the Week blog has decided to share it with us. Please enjoy the cringe-worthy but painfully accurate How To Dance Goth.
  6. The Everyday Goth has a stunning style icon - the one and only Sharon Needles. I really, really, love this post: Sharon Needles: Style Inspiration.
  7. Audrey Scissorhands of A Gothy-Type in the South has a charming post called Of Being 'Goth', and How I Feel About Labels.
Next, ten little pieces of goodness from those delightful people at Etsy:
  1. How much do I need these beautiful long hair falls from MagicTribalHair?!
  2. I'm always on the lookout for unusual accessories, so I'm quite taken by this skull hair wrap from Vacationhouse.
  3. I'm in love with this Boys Don't Cry halter dress from KittyVamp Designs.
  4. This mineral mica eyeshadow from Crush Cosmetics is called 'Goth', and is described as dark navy blue bordering on charcoal.
  5. I like these cyber spats from Robotic Kitty Fashions... a bit different than the usual fluffies.
  6. This bow, crown and dagger necklace from LittleBanshees is absolutely adorable!
  7. A lace-trimmed Victorian-inspired mobile phone case? Yes PLEASE, blackunicorndesigns.
  8. An interesting take on one of my favourite ideas, the vial necklace, is this Demon Ashes vial from MySoulShards.
  9. I absolutely adore this Aurora Ring from blackpersimmons. It's gorgeous!
  10. This 'I Believe In Ghosts' necklace from GlampireDesign is just perfect! Cute and spooky, exactly how I like it! <3
Lastly, let's turn to Tumblr for a little style inspiration:
  1. Dan just brought up the idea of a holiday in Greece next year (!). I think my dream beach style would be something like this. (Reblogged from Hell On Heels.)
  2. I think it's the beautiful accessories that make these outfits pretty much perfect. I especially love the outfit with the cameos. (Reblogged from the especially charming Mary P Sue.)
  3. Subtle? No. But if I could have my nails like this for my 21st birthday I'd be one happy girl. (Reblogged from Elegant Psychosis.)
  4. Is there anything not wonderful about this ensemble from Restyle? (Reblogged from SilverSwirl.)
  5. I want those little bat wings! (Reblogged from xxnephaelia-vondaemonenxx.)
  6. The ever-stunning Mystral looks incredible in these pictures. (Reblogged from SilverSwirl.)
  7. I don't know what on earth you would call this style, but I think it's gorgeous! (Reblogged from Blue Is Wrong For Roses.)
  8. Everyday I'm bustlin'! Loving everything about this photo! (Reblogged from dartranna-alurath.)
  9. GuiltyGoth looks fantastic, as usual! (Reblogged from burnwickedwitch.)
  10. I can't decide whether the hair or the boots are more amazing!! (Reblogged from Isabelle SpookyKid.)
  11. Gentlemen, this is style. (Reblogged from Laudanum and Arsenic.)
  12. I think this is really lovely! (Reblogged from Alternative Purple.)

8 comments:

Mack-Attack said...

:O I MUST GET THAT DRESS!!! So cool!

Anonymous said...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/73145154/bat-wing-hair-clips?ref=sr_gallery_15&ga_search_query=bats&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmadebats

Naomi said...

Number seven on your tumblr style inspiration links is called cult-party-kei. It's from Japan, obviously XD

kakuidori said...

again a very lovely collection <3 thanks for sharing!

Julietslace said...

Thanks for including me bubs <3 always look forward to your round ups!

Amy Asphodel said...

THANK YOU, Anon! <3

Thanks also, Naomi! :-D

The HouseCat said...

Thankyou for mentioning my blog *blush*

Alanis said...

Love everythingggg. I just noticed the mention! Thanks babe. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...