THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

My World Goth Day in pictures

I'll admit, I tried to switch my working days around this week so I could have the opportunity to spend a larger portion of WGD swilling absinthe, flicking through back issues of Meltdown and lounging in the sunshine under a parasol. Alas, it was not to be (read: my manager wasn't having any of it).

However. I dolled up for work - and it was the first time this year I've left the house in short sleeves, as up till now it has been freezing. Yesterday: suddenly, summer. In deference to the weather I opted for a white blouse under one of my favourite dresses, a black confection from Angelic Pretty, and my cute vampire flats from Em & Sprout.

Straight after work, my friend and fellow dark culture enthusiast Rosemarie met me outside the shop, glammed up in huge platform heels, sunglasses and an equally frilly frock. We clomped through town to the cinema, where we watched Dark Shadows (in my case, for the second time. It seemed less, um, hammy the second time around, although I still feel Depp was over-egging it for all he was worth).

Then we headed back to my house for a few celebratory shots.

Please hexcuse the invasion of the armpit >.<



Ladylike as always...

Rose stayed at my place and we spent most of the night chatting. It was a nice way to mark the occasion. :-)

This morning dawned bright and beautiful. We had pancakes for breakfast nice and early and then before Rose went to college we got outdoors to take some pretty pictures in the sunshine.




Am really enjoying this sudden burst of beautiful weather! I had a lovely World Goth Day and am looking forward to planning something exciting for next year. :-)

8 comments:

Lady Lovescraft said...

PRETTY! :D

Can I ask, where did you get that rose headband? Tis beauuuutiful :D

Amy Asphodel said...

I got it at DV8 Fest in 2010 but can't remember the name of the vendor. :-/ If I find the business card I will let you know at once.

Sarah Silence said...

I love the dress you're wearing in the second set of pics.

V said...

Looking good Amy! Xxx :)

Mary Lykoris said...

Watched dark shadows too=]for the occasion

Mack-Attack said...

Agreed! That is a very pretty dress :)

Daniel_8964 said...

That's good you enjoyed World Goth Day. Funny I saw Dark Shadows on World Goth Day too and it was really good and funny to watch. :)

Phoenix said...

You look gorgeous, goth faerie! I felt Dark Shadows was a bit hammy too... it was very visually appealing but it didn't quite knit together very well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...