THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Things I Love Thursday: Sunshine and shopping

  1. Sunny days! Armed with suncream, a parasol, a stack of magazines and a lounger, there's nothing summer can throw at me that I can't handle. (Except maybe wasps.)
  2. Birthdays. My 21st is fast approaching and there are already four mini-parties in the offing (including a work do, a meal with friends and family and a trip to a burlesque club with my bellydance group) and I'm working on the wishlist... Hmm... that's a thought... perhaps I should make an Amazon wishlist just for this occasion... *rubs hands gleefully*
  3. Overtime. All this extra time at work may feel hard but I'm saving up spending money for Whitby Goth Weekend and I definitely need every penny I can scrounge.
  4. Clearing out! Getting rid of stuff gets easier the more you do it and now I can FINALLY get dressed without stress and woe. I can FIND stuff again! And am slowly phasing out the things that I love on the hanger but which don't look right on me. At all. It was painful at first but now it feels goooood. It also means I get to work out what's missing from my wardrobe and do a spot of shopping; this week I bought a new super-poofy white petticoat, and am also on the lookout for light spring jackets, some pretty but basic black skirts (my three perennial favourites have, alas, seen better days), a handful of jumpers, cardigans and hoodies, more waistcoats and NEW BOOTS.
  5. Daydreaming about future travel. New Orleans is currently top of my must-visit list... but apparently *crosses fingers tightly* there's a strong chance that Dan and I are off to Greece next year. Perhaps I should add 'lightweight dresses' to that shopping list...

5 comments:

akumaxkami said...

I adore sitting outside with a good book. Currently I'm reading Phantom of the Opera and I quite like it.

But yes, high SPF sunscreen is a must!

Traicetrak said...

In the process of slowly weeding out my closet, too. It IS painful, isn't it! I find the worst for me are gifts I've never worn. Makes me feel so guilty! LOL

If you ever do make it to New Orleans, we HAVE to arrange a meetup. I'm only 2 hours away. Hoping to put together a gothy 40th birthday weekend there. *fingers crossed* (Actually, for you, a delay may be beneficial. I hear the scene nearly died out after hurricane Katrina. They're trying to piece it back together with things like the Southern Gothic Festival right now.)

Madamoiselle Schakal said...

Oh how nice!!! :D Enjoy your relaxing momments :) you deserve it after all :D you always bring us so beautiful posts. And if you come to Greece,i would love to be your tour guide! ^_^ We have beautiful places and beaches :D HAve a nice weekend :D

UndertakerLacy said...

Oh your outfit is lovely! I adore you! Keep up the great work with the blogging :333

Mary Lykoris said...

U should definitelly take light clothes if you come here!oh,and dont forget to visit me =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...