THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Things I Love Thursday

  1. Wardrobe overhauls. As you know I haven't been really sure where to go with my style so I've just been buying things that I really like or which feel really 'me' (if that makes any sense!) rather than thinking at all about whether or not they fit a certain style. I'm ending up with some really eclectic bits and pieces (and currently coveting a pink pearl peter pan collar and some peep-toe zebra print platform shoes, just FYI) but I think I can see some sort of cohesive style emerging as I replace old things with new. Whether it works or not is highly debatable but it's fun and it feels good. :-)
  2. Being a baldie. (Ish. I still have a fair amount of hair, really.) I've definitely received some mixed reactions but I really love my new haircut. Although if being glared at by the elderly was an Olympic sport I'd be going for gold right about now...
  3. My boyfriend. We've been on and off from time to time but he's been the biggest constant in my life for the last eight years. You know those childhood 'romances' that everyone thinks will never last more than a few weeks at the most? Well, sometimes they do. We got together in 2004, when I was twelve (!) and he was fourteen. We're now 20 and 22, which seems crazy. Tomorrow we're going out for a posh dinner to celebrate our anniversary which I'm really looking forward to. Cue a huge primping session this evening!
  4. Health food! OK, I'm not always the best at healthy eating, especially when people will insist on leaving my favourite chocolate fudge biscuits in the cupboard at work... *ahem* but I have been trying hard lately and I've noticed quite the difference - clearer skin, more energy, and fewer headaches, which makes it worthwhile gulping those two and a half mouthfuls of vegetable water each day...
  5. Overtime. Wheeeee, I have money! So in addition to my Cure tickets, I snapped up some to see The Cruxshadows in July as well. I know some of you are rolling your eyes right now, but I'm happy!
The boyshape and I in 2008

12 comments:

Bored_Homeschooler said...

Ha! I actually remembered it was Thursday this time...
I Have to agree with you regarding health food. I can always tell the difference when I'm not eating well. (I have less energy and downright nasty skin.)

BellaDonna said...

You've got Cruxshadows tickets??? I'm SO jealous...

linnea-maria said...

I'm so glad for you two. I hope you two will grow old together. I have been a coward and combed over the bald part to hide it at work.

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

"buying things that I really like or ... rather than thinking at all about whether or not they fit a certain style." Good for you! That's what I like to do. You'll end up with a truly unique look that suits you (rather than constantly struggling to look "Goth Enough") when you approach shopping with that attitude.

Such a romantic photo! Congrats on the anniversary!! <3

Anonymous said...

The Cure and The Cruxshadows! Lucky.

Dani DeathBiscuit said...

CONCERT TICKETS!
I must steal them from you :D

SkeleDuck said...

I am so jealous of your hair - I've been wrestling with the idea for a month now but I just can't risk it. Being all old. XD

& good luck with your continued wardrobe wrestling - those items you mentioned would (in my inept opinion) suit a figure hugging black pencil dress and a lot of backcombing. Well, that's what I'd do.

The Fool said...

I'm currently in the middle of a wardrobe overhaul myself, and I agree that it's just awesome! I can't wait until I'm going to London in July for a serious shopping trip to stock up on everything I like so I can throw away everything I don't want to wear anymore! Healthy food is also lovely <3

Siyahlı Kız (Luna) said...

i'm just so... jealous of you and your boyfriend.
hope you never fell apart

Joanna said...

Perhaps the reason the Germans don't like you is you're too damn happy. Like the hair.

Alberto said...

..so, i the first in comments... (:S)... greetings for you amy... and too for your lucky guy BF...

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, woman, post something already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...