Much to my surprise, this year the mainstream media (online, at least) has jumped all over the World Goth Day bandwagon. I think that if I have to type the words 'world goth day' many more times this week I might just explode, but for one last post on the topic I thought I'd link up some of the best and worst takes on the topic, brought to you by tabloids and online news sites galore.
- UK newspaper The Guardian seemingly couldn't get enough of the subject, putting together a Goth playlist (with links to an anti-Goth playlist for those who, one assumes, were appalled by the entire concept)...
- ...and a bit of snarkery and a few misconceptions about skin colour sprinkled in for good measure.
- ABC2 News took the opportunity to highlight the more serious side of the event, which was a pleasant surprise.
- Vice went Goth-hunting in London... with disappointing results.
- Time Out offers suggestions on how to celebrate the occasion.
- Spinner got esteemed Goth author Liisa Ladoceur (Enyclopedia Gothica) to rate a whole load of gloomy musicians from one to ten on a 'Goth scale'. I love this, actually.
- Miami New Times had a similar strategy by putting together their top ten creepy musicians.
- And the Huffington Post ran a poll for the sexiest Goths ever (although I'm not sure how, erm, Goth some of them actually are).
- KPCC wrote a short article... boasting two infamous episodes of Saturday Night Live's Goth Talk.