THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Dearly departed, beautiful boots

Hi guys :-3 Sorry to disappear on you again but I had THE busiest weekend... Also, last night, Dan and I went to see Prometheus and we had to leave halfway through because I fainted. HOW embarrassing... >.< In better news, I finally drew up the design for my new tattoo and sent it off for a quote. Yay!

Today's post, daft though it may be, is a brief tribute to my very favourite pair of secondhand boots which sadly died beyond repair on Friday night, splitting right across the sole. Local cobblers have assured me they can do nothing; we had previously held them together with duct tape, window pane sealant (the stuff that goes around the edge of the window pane), expensive shoe glue stuff from Germany and lately No Nails, which seemed to have been doing the trick right up until the fatal moment.

So it's time to say goodbye...

Luckily, before going out on Friday, I did get some nice pictures of my lovely boots.




As it happened, they bit the dust shortly before I was due to go out for the night, so I hastily changed into my pointy-toed heels (never mind the 40-minute walk home... which I survived, by the way).



Not quite as kick-ass. I will miss my big shiny boots. :-(

22 comments:

Dani DeathBiscuit said...

RIP awesome booties!

Jessie Aaker said...

I'm sorry to hear about your awesome boots. I hope you find a new pair you will love just as much!

Nina Wum said...

Amy,

maybe try look at the bright side:
You are now entitled to go and treat yourself to a new pair!

Personally I love to buy boots even more than I enjoy wearing them, how about You?

Lots of love,

Nina

Caroline Carnivorous said...

Omg how sad D:

Lolitadewdrop said...

Shame! It is horrible when such a lovely pair of boots die!

StilettoWhore said...

Your New Rocks died? That really sucks, I feel for your pain.

SW

Abilene said...

RIP gorgeous boots. How long had you owned them? :o I always thought that New Rocks were supposed to be of very high quality.

Jade Layton said...

After reading this I feel a very large amount of sadness for the loss of your boots.. because it makes me think about my own ones dying :( But as somebody else has said, it really is a great reason to get another pair! :D

V said...

Aww no! Poor boots! I must confess, that the last time my fave boots died, I cried a little bit! Xxxx:)

Traicetrak said...

Oh no, not THOSE boots!! Oh so sad. =( Condolences. It's awful to lose a favorite pair of shoes.

Anonymous said...

I *hate* when that happens... At least it happened *before* you left home. Think how much worse it would have been if it happened while you were out!

BellaDonna said...

I am SOOO sorry for your loss... :-(

LovleAnjel said...

My condolences on your boots. It's always hard to let your favorites go.

Prometheus was very intense! It made me not want to reproduce, ever.

Cherry Divine said...

HI THERE AMY.

SORRY 2 HEAR YOU FAINTED IN THE CINEMA. HOPE YOU'LL BE FINE/OK. LIKE THE IMAGES OF THE BOOTS. HOPE YOU DIDN'T REALLY GET RID OF THEM. FEMALE BOOTS ARE TOO NICE 2 GET RID OF. I HAVE AN ANCIENT PAIR OF BLACK DMS. AND THEY REALLY SHOULD GO OUT. BUT I CANNOT PART WITH THEM.

Bridget said...

My boots are slowly dying--I've had them for over five years, and the soles are just starting to wear out.

I may try and repair them, or I may just buy new boots.

Leena said...

Are you OK? Why did you faint? Do you remember to eat and drink?

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your lovely boots. But now you have got a good reason to buy new one.

Amy Asphodel said...

Leena - oh I'm fine hun, just a bit, erm, squeamish >.<

Leena said...

That is very good to hear! <33 Love your shoes darling!

AsylumAlice said...

Oh no! It's a boot destroying plague! Two of my favorite pairs died on the same day as yours! What is this?

Ashavari said...

OMG those are nice boots! RIP :(

Captain Luna Willow said...

**Sad face** Those truly were some kick arse boots (o_o) <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...