THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, 3 June 2012

Red & Black Week! Day One: Red, White and... Black?

Yes, it's time again for Sophistique Noir's lovely Red & Black week, particularly timely for those of us in Britain as we are currently enjoying a long weekend to celebrate Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee. So I'm putting the 30 Day Clothing Challenge on hold for a moment to take part in this event... although today's outfit was just as much about the red, white and blue as the red and black (click for full picture).

In fact, today I was out with my good pal Bronwyn at a local event celebrating the Jubilee. I don't have all of the pics yet because some of them are on Bron's camera, but here are a few (after this brief burst of camwhoring...).


Bronwyn... disappointed at the lack of sunshine?


Note teacup necklace!
The event was really fun... Just a small local thing with some stalls - we bought LOADS of quirky jewellery from a local student who has started her own business, so much in fact that I'm going to make her the subject of my next Coveting! post - a few bands, and these GIANT cupcakes for just £1. There was even a Shetland pony... awww... :-3

This being England, it did of course rain the in the middle of the event, soaking everyone to the skin, except me, as I was sensible enough to wear my sensible Necessary Evil jacket that I appropriated from my friend Craig a while back. It kinda makes me look homeless as it's somewhat large but it keeps the rain off...
 FYI, I'm drinking chai latte and Bronners has a hot chocolate with cream. Just in case you wondered.

What a great day! Having fun in honour of Her Maj... ;-D

15 comments:

Lady Of Gothica said...

hi dear, thanx for following my blog..

I love your dress..so cute <3

linnea-maria said...

Beautiful dress and outfit. I beleive it's the first time I saw you in a romantic style dress. It fits you

VictorianKitty (Sophistique Noir) said...

My polka-dot twin! :-D That dress is absolutely perfect on you. This look is the perfect blend of sweet and a little bit mischievous. ;)

V said...

Aww! You look like you had a great time! Xxx:)

siouxsiel said...

Looks like a fun day! Great dress!

Ms. Lou said...

Very cute! Looks likelits of fun. Being 6 hours behind I got up early and made a big breakfast and watched the flotilla on tele. Looked soggy but fun. Happy Jubilee from Canada!

Anonymous said...

This outfit, along with the red & black one you posted on Day7, are perfect examples of how to keep an alt vibe in a more corporate setting. I would personally love to see a post on this sort of thing, being so many are finishing school this time of year and entering the "real" world. Both outfits are beautiful, and red truly suits you. Although I'm quite a bit older, I could probably use a bit of inspiration, as well, since I plan to return to work, soon.

Jamie said...

So cute! You and Miss Kitty are both really rocking the vintage-y polka dots today. Your shrug is so cute!

Lady Bethezda @ Bethezdas Preoccupations said...

You look lovely!

Far away girl said...

This is a gorgeous outfit!

Meg Sarentis said...

Tres belle robe, ma cherie! I have yet to find a good red polka dot dress in stores around here. It's perfect!

Jessie Aaker said...

I love the outfit! It has a nice vintage feel. Being from America I'm very ignorant of England's holidays. Seeing a glimpse of another country's customs is very refreshing. :D It gives me more reason to enjoy reading blogs!

I found a cute video parody involving goths yesterday and thought I'd share. I actually slimmed through the video tags to see if had been posted already but didn't see it. ^^;;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqheLN9a6dE&feature=relmfu

I personally found it hilarious and hope you have a chuckle too. Goths have a sense of humor too.

Callasandra Onyx-Lace said...

Amy, you look so pretty! I really love that dress. And it`s funny Bronwyn looks almost identical to my friend R! :D

Xanthy said...

Damn, Amy, you so pretty!

Christopher Courtley said...

Lovely pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...