Gosh, the time is really rushing by this year. Another month already! Well, without further ado, seven fantastic posts from around the bloggerverse:
- Halloween is Over: Things to Do. This is an old post from The Everyday Goth, but it reminds those of us who like to have a sprinkling of the morbid and the macabre in our lives at all times that Halloween really can be every day. ;-)
- It's Easy to be Goth In... Part 2. Gothic Divine Magazine ran a series of posts about having a dark aesthetic and lifestyle in different countries around the world. This one features reader comments, which are interesting.
- Victorian Picnic 9/4. Xanthy of My Life as a Fairy Princess reviews an event she attended in Bruges back in April. I love the sentence, "Some people had clearly decided dresscodes are something that happens to other people."
- Tan Skin in the Goth Scene. Darling Violetta, perhaps my very favourite blogger, discusses a prevalent aesthetic in the Goth and dark alternative subcultures and whether or not it can be potentially damaging.
- Cultural Appropriation, Eclecticism and Subcultures. Domesticated presents another big issue in her usual practical, sensible way; certainly food for thought.
- Thoughts: Gothic, pastel, crosses and more of that. The stunning Sheridan presents her thoughts on the new 'goff' trends, pastel Goth and nu-Goth, and points out that deviating from the Goth 'uniform' doesn't change who you are.
- Skull Sugar Cube Tutorial. At Early Autopsy and White Scissors, Eva Morgan Reeve shows an ever-so-simple way to make your own skull sugar cubes - perfect for tea parties.
|Picture of Vampira (I think...) is absolutely necessary.|
Ten lust-haves from Etsy:
- These stitched-up psychobilly heels would look gorgeous on any zombie pin-up and are on sale at the moment. From PinUpInPink.
- Ever feel like you're being watched? This eyeballs-in-a-jar necklace is creepy, morbid and yet somehow... cute. From UraniaArt.
- I must get some of these adorable pink and black skully bow shoe clips to glam up my plain black sandals for my holiday next year. From lovekillsboutique.
- This 'Cursed' necklace is in a style that seems popular at the moment, but still manages to be a little different from all the 'Vamp' and 'Zombie' necklaces that are currently abounding. From nitroghoul.
- Let's face it, you probably need these 'Evil Genius' earrings in your life. Especially if you are a scientist. DO IT. From TheRobotPrincess.
- For a little punk attitude, grab a Bauhaus butt flap. From TheBatsWing.
- If your DIY jacket is missing a little something, it might be this Beetlejuice back patch. I love it! From Oioipatchcompany.
- Ohmigod. This bat wing bow is just about frickin' perfect. NEED. From DelightfullyDeviant.
- I think this beautiful coffin-shaped shadow box is just the perfect gift for the dark at heart. Swoon-worthy in the extreme. From Ah, The Macabre.
- These Pippi leggings are cute, fun, and different. From CarouselInk.
- I can't decide if I love the stockings, the hair, or those socks with those shoes more in this ensemble... (Via artdrawnbyvomit.)
- Simple, cute and cosy! Love this. (via morbidfashion.)
- I love all the many, many details of this ensemble, and of course the colour scheme. (via lolitaproblems.)
- Wednesday Mourning always looks gorgeous, but I especially admire her hair here. (via bonesy-dekay.)
- I think my favourite thing about this is the red roses on the boots of the girl on the left. (via lolitaproblems.)
- Purple tights and a beautiful hairstyle. This is gorgeous. (via lolitaproblems.)
- There's something very sleek and stylish about this - I can't decide if it's the hair, the make-up or the sharp blazer that does it for me. (via lucifernyx.)
- Everything about this photo is utterly perfect. Enough said? (via dieselsteamgypsy.)
- Let's not completely neglect the gentlemen! This guy looks stunning. (via neurotica.)
- I think this is my favourite picture of the month. Girl on the right, can I just be you? (via psychobillymassacre.)
- Here's another dashing gent, showing how lace gloves should be worn by the male species. (via gothsandpunks.)
- This hair and make-up is so utterly beautiful I could just die. (via gothiccutie.)