THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, 4 August 2012

FYeah Finery Fashion Challenge: Day 1

Is it bad form to start one fashion challenge before finishing the last? Oh, probably! But I love the whole idea of Dani DeathBiscuit's FYeah Finery challenge, an excuse to shake the mothballs out of our best clothing and dig up snazzy photos from ye olde days. For this challenge, the clue is definitely in the name; a way for us would-be darkside fashionistas to show off our favourite garments and most Upper Class Goth ensembles. Hopefully, anyway!

Day 1 ~
Take a picture of you in your most cherished item of clothing (never mind the date!)
Give a little info on it - including where you bought it and why it means something to you (eg. is it sentimental?)

Whoa, this is so old! I have posted this pic before, I believe, many years ago (ahem) in the early days of this blogaroo. But, this dress by Sinister (I think...) from Drac In A Box remains my favourite item of clothing. Mainly because I can use the sleeves for smuggling chihuahuas. Um, no, not really. It was a Christmas present from my mum, and clocking in at £79 in the sale was then the most I had ever dreamed of spending on a single item of clothing.

I have worn it so many times, from dressy occasions to taking a kinda perverse delight in being the most overdressed person in the room at a casual affair. In fact, after posting this picture I'm half-tempted to wear it to the cinema with my friends tonight. (Except it might rain and spoil the velvet.) I always feel really elegant when I wear it. Even in the days before I figured out that as a general rule, eyebrows should be a somewhat similar shade to one's hair (see photo...).

5 comments:

Shannon Rutherford said...

This is a wonderful dress! I love the corseted red part and the sleeves. Sinister is a guarantee :)

Laura Morrigan said...

That dress is so beautiful! I am jealous!

Ha ha no I think it's ok to start one challenge before finishing another! I am doing the same thing! What rebels :P

Dani DeathBiscuit said...

You.are.adorable.

Nightwind said...

This is one of the loveliest outfits I seen you wear, even if it is a few years old. The style really suits you.

Sprinkles said...

Absolutely lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...